Medical Doctor Job at Tindwa Health And Medical Services
Job Title : Medical Doctor
Tindwa Health Medical Services
Department : Medical Services
Reports To : HOD Medical Services
Date : 09th Aug 2022
Emergency medical services (EMS) is a large portion of the operational responsibility.
Work involves stressful situations dealing with emergency situations such as heart attacks, cardiac
arrests, overdoses, strokes, trouble breathing, pediatric emergencies, falls, car crashes, assaults
and emotionally ill patients.
This position may involve medical responses on a transport unit (ambulance) or on a remote setting/site.
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, patients, families, hospital staff,
outside professional agencies, co-workers and supervisory personnel, whether volunteer
or paid, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations
- May be exposed to stressful situations, such as death, dismemberment, pediatric death,
total devastation and loss
- May be required to hold over to cover emergencies and work overtime without advanced
- Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for prolonged periods of
time and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines or uneven terrain.
- Must be physically fit to perform job functions adequately as dictated by occupational health.
- Be able to hear and understand at normal range levels.
- May be required to use vehicles in the performance of duties. Vehicles are to include but not limited to: cars, trucks, and ambulances
- On occasion may be required to perform stressful physical activity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage in direct clinical practice as the principal component of his/her professional
responsibility within the Department.
- Provide medical assessment, diagnostic determination, and clinical management necessary to
ensure appropriate clinical disposition of Emergency Department patients.
- Accurate and timely completion of all clinical and professional records and documentation to
assure compliance with local, state, and federal regulatory, licensure, and accreditation
- Communicate with consulting providers as necessary to facilitate necessary ongoing care and
treatment of patients.
- Work to create a positive work culture within department and cross-departmental teams.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Medical Doctor – Bachelor of Medicine or equivalent
- BLS, ACLS and ITLS training.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience. And added advantage if work in emergency department in
well recognized facility or remote sites.