Materials Engineer Job at TANROADS
Tanzania National Roads Agency
Our Ref: AB.267/338/01/25
The Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS), is a Semi-Autonomous Agency in the Ministry of Works and Transport established on July, 1 2000.
The Agency is responsible for day to day management of the Tanzania mainland’s Trunk and Regional Roads Network as well as construction of Airports. It is also responsible for conducting Axle Load Control.
The Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) on behalf of the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania has entered into a Contract for the Upgrading of Ntyuka Jet. – Mvumi – Kikombo Jet. Road (76km) and Chololo – Mapinduzi (TPDF HQ) to Bitumen Standard, Section I: Ntyuka – Mvumi – Makulu (8.6km) and Section II: Kikombo Jet. – Chololo – Mapinduzi (TPDF HQ) – 16.4km.
The Regional Manager’s Office, TANROADS Dodoma on behalf of the Chief Executive, Intends to recruit qualified and competent Staff to fill Vacant Posts on specific Contract.
POSITION TITLE: MATERIALS ENGINEER (1 POST)
- She/he must be a registered Professional Civil Engineer with a degree in Civil Engineering or Pavement or Materials Engineering. Postgraduate qualification in Pavement or Materials Engineering is an added advantage.
- She/he must have a minimum of seven (7) years of specific experience in Pavement/Materials matters related to road works.
- She/he must have served in at least two (2) road projects of similar nature, magnitude and complexity in the Last 7 years.
- She/he shall be responsible for ensuring the quality of all materials to be incorporated in the works, as well as the completed works, conform to the Contract Specifications.
- In addition, he/she must have a working experience of at least 3 years in Sub-Sahara Countries. Proficiency in written and spoken English is mandatory.
Mode of Application
All interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to submit their Applications enclosing their detailed and signed Curriculum Vitae, Certified Copies of relevant Education and Professional Certificates with names of Two Reputable Referees and their Contact Addresses, Telephone Number (s) and E-mail Addresses, so as to reach the below mentioned addressee not letter than 16.30 hours on 01st August, 2022.
Late Applications will not be considered for evaluation under this recruitment. Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted. Those applicants who will not get letters of invitation for interview should consider themselves unsuccessful.
Applications should be submitted to:-
P.O. Box 902,
The deadline for submitting the application is 1 August 2022.