Legal Associate Job Opportunity at RSM Eastern Africa
Dar es SalaamPosted 2 mins ago
RSM Eastern Africa
RSM is a powerful network of audit, tax and consulting experts with offices all over the world.
RSM Eastern Africa is a member firm of the RSM network, a world leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services to entrepreneurial growth-focused organisations globally. The network has a combined staff of over 51,000 with 860 offices across 123 countries and in each of the top 40 major business centres.
RSM Eastern Africa was founded in 2007 and has developed a powerful network of offices across East Africa. The factor that links RSM member firms is its Purpose – THE POWER OF BEING UNDERSTOOD which is rooted in RSM’s unwavering focus on our principles of collaboration, understanding and providing relevant insights and solutions by: gaining a deep understanding of what matters to our clients; building a long• term relationship through a client-centric focus; sharing insights of our local and global experts; and design-thinking and co-creating solutions. This client-centric approach ensures that we acquire a deep understanding of our client needs, that empowers businesses to move forward and realise their full potential.
RSM in East Africa specialises in Audit & Assurance, Transaction Advisory, Tax Services, Management Consulting, Risk Advisory, and Outsourcing. RSM Eastern Africa’s clients range from growth-focused entrepreneurial businesses through to leading multi-national organisations across many sectors and operating nationally and across borders.
We are looking for a legal associate to work as part of the team carrying out all secretarial engagements and assisting in legal matters under the supervision of the team leader. The ideal candidates should have good knowledge of Tanzania laws and procedures and should be eager to embrace the RSM culture and embody our values in everything they do.
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B – minimum Upper Second)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 1 year of work experience in a professional services firm
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Core competence in legal procedures
- Fluency in MS Office applications
- Fast learner and comfortable with new challenges
- Integrity and reliability
- A team player
- Good communication and social skills
- Commitment to complete tasks within the agreed timelines
- Fluency in English and excellent research and report writing skills
- Self-motivated and ability to take initiative
- Work as an effective team member to complete assigned tasks.
- Effectively documenting work to performance standards.
- Identifying engagement issues and communicating these, as they arise, to the team leader or Director.
- Responding to client correspondence/queries and ensuring the clients are updated of the engagement progress on a regular basis.
- Actively developing technical skills on the job and through formal training and complying with the firm’s training requirements.
- Building working relationships with the clients.
Carrying out tasks, under the supervision of the team leader, which includes:
- Assisting the company secretarial senior or company secretarial manager in preparing the Memorandum and Articles of Association together with the related forms for company formation and liaising with the Registrar to ensure the incorporation certificates are issued timely.
- Assisting the company secretarial senior or company secretarial manager in preparing various resolutions as per instructions from the client or resolutions relating to the Annual General Meetings or the board resolutions approving the audited financial statements.
- Attending Board/Annual General Meetings with the company secretarial senior or company secretarial manager and assisting in the preparation of the minutes.
- Assisting the company secretarial senior or company secretarial manager in updating the statutory registers timely as per the required format and following up on ongoing issues with the Registrar.
- Assisting the company secretarial senior or company secretarial manager in following up with clients to ensure the annual returns are made on a timely basis and submitted to the Registrar along with the audited financial statements, where required.
- Assisting the company secretarial senior or company secretarial manager in ensuring findings from the search report are regularised with the Registrar.
- Carrying out any other tasks as delegated by the firm from time to time.
If you are inspired to build strong, collaborative and lasting relationships with our stakeholders; gain a deep understanding of our client’s needs; ensure every client benefits from tailored thinking and resonates with our values, send in your application to [email protected] by Thursday, 25August 2022. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.