Job Opportunity at Equity Bank, Senior Manager- Human Resources
Equity Bank is the region’s leading Bank whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern and inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong footprint in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and DRC, Equity Bank is now home to more than 14 million customers – the largest customer base in Africa.
The Bank seeks to recruit passionate and self-driven individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Manager- Human Resources
Reports to: Head- Human Resources
Senior Human Resources Manager coordinates the implementation of people-related services, policies, and programs
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Recruitment- Support and advice line management regarding selection, recruitment, appointment, and transference of the employees to safeguard the necessary quantity and quality of the labour force is available
Formulate in close co-operation with the line management the formation plan for the department, both in quality and quantity of the labour force
- Recruit and select talent for specific vacancies
- Support the line management regarding selection and appointment of new employees and negotiate on salary- and labour conditions with the potential employees
- Advise the line management on the transference of employees and support and monitor the process
People Development -Develop and execute people development programs, in close co-operation with line managers/HOD, to obtain an adequately staffed organization with motivated and trained personnel capable of realizing business objectives
- Performance Management- Support and monitor the line management during the execution of the performance management cycle to ensure the performance management is executed timely and consistently within the Equity Bank Tanzania community.
- Develop and maintain performance management tools and after approval of the Head HR ensure implementation
- Support the line management in planning and preparation of the appraisal/evaluation sessions with the employees
- Participate in appraisal/evaluation sessions
- Ensure reporting of the results to the performance management system
Reward & Benefits – Contribute to the Reward & Benefits policy for Equity Bank Tanzania and execute the policy, to realize a competitive position on the local labour market and to attract and retain talent within the organization.
- Organization Development -Develop and execute organization development activities, contribute to effective organization and working processes.
- Monitor and identify organization development issues within the Equity Bank Tanzania
- Analyze and advise the line management on the issues and suggests solutions
- Formulate an action plan
Industrial Relation – Provide support as needed to resolve issues related with employee disciplinary issues, grievances, employee termination, or other HR-related issues
Health & Safety -Demonstrated commitment to health, safety and environmental policies and procedures, including development and training of staff in the areas.
Reports – Prepare various analytical reports and statistics as required by the business on a timely basis.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- 5+ Years of relevant experience
- Proven track record in people skills management
- History of creating productive working relationship and trust with teams across multiple departments
- Strong communication skills
- Good understanding of Tanzania Labour Laws
Bachelor’s degree in HRM/Social sciences, an MBA is preferred
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application quoting the Job reference and title in the subject field to [email protected]
To be considered your application must be received not later than June 17, 2022.
Equity Bank (T) Ltd is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
“Equity Bank (T) Ltd does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.