Job Opportunity at Equity Bank, Assistant Manager Debt Recovery- Legal Recovery
Assistant Manager Debt Recovery- Legal Recovery
Equity Bank is the region’s leading Bank whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern and inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong footprint in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and DRC, Equity Bank is now home to more than 14 million customers – the largest customer base in Africa.
The Bank seeks to recruit passionate and self-driven individual to fill the position below.
Job Title: Assistant Manager Debt Recovery- Legal Recovery
Reports to: Senior Manager Collection & Recoveries
Ensuring that service providers (External Debt Collectors, Auctioneers, Tracers e.t.c) are properly managed in terms of the Service Level Agreement and debt collection contracts.
Ensuring that all Legal recovery procedures are adhered and proper monitoring of service providers is put in place to ensure meeting acceptable turn around time for recovery
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitoring DCAs performance and ensure that recovery is done timely as agreed
- Controlling the costs involved in recoveries using the DCAs by putting up conditions that would minimize the cost of recovery but effectively give results to the Bank (Pegging all cost involved within the commission payable after recovery)
- Functionally managing all external Debt Collectors and Auctioneers that work on behalf of the Bank to support and ensure Recovery rate is maximized in close collaboration with all stakeholders.
- Maintain Data base for all Demand Notices Issued, Repossession Notices, and Recovery Court Case and update them timely and share to the supervisor for review and management decision.
- Assist the DRU unit in drafting and reviewing Notices, Settlement agreements, Instructions and make sure they are properly issued to the concerned and maintaining data base of their tenure and expire dates.
- Preparing and share reports of recovery court status, auctions conducted, and settlement deed signed for monitoring by the recovery officers.
- Provide professional Legal opinions on matters related to legal recovery actions to be taken and give the ways forward to ensure recovery.
- Recommend for Legal recovery measures to be taken and allocate accounts to external debt collectors.
- Support branches in all recovery strategies and guidelines and guide them appropriately to maximize recoveries form NPL and Charged off Loans, and in the process of managing the external Agencies (Debt
- Collectors, Property Valuers and Auctioneers).
- Assist head of Unit to coordinate and manage all banks appointed external agencies (Debt Collectors,
- Auctioneers, and Property Valuers etc).
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
One-year experience in legal recovery assignments.
Legal Recovery and laws relative to mortgage lending.
Ability to interact with staff and External Agents
EDUCATION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENT
- Bachelor of Law Degree (LL. B) from recognized University,
- Post graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the Law School of Tanzania.
- Admitted as an Advocate of the High Court of Tanzania and Courts subordinate thereto except Primary Courts.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application quoting the Job reference and title in the subject field to [email protected]
To be considered your application must be received not later than June 17, 2022.
Equity Bank (T) Ltd is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
“Equity Bank (T) Ltd does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.