Job Opportunity at CARE – Project Driver Cum Assistant Logistician
Project Driver Cum Assistant Logistician
CARE is a leading humanitarian organization dedicated to fighting poverty and social injustice and places a particular emphasis on women and girls, their dignity and empowerment to lead their communities out of poverty. In 2020, CARE worked in 104 countries, reaching 90 million people through more than 1,300 programs, with an annual budget of $650 million. Every single one of those 90 million people has a story of resilience, community, strength, and hope—all things that bind us together, across every corner of the globe.
CARE began working in Tanzania in April 1994, in response to the crisis in Rwanda and the subsequent influx of refugees into the Kagera Region of North-western Tanzania. Over the subsequent years, CARE Tanzania developed innovative education, health, microfinance, and environmental programs across most regions of the country. In Tanzania CARE works with the Government both in mainland and Zanzibar and other stakeholders to transform communities and ensure financial inclusion and independence, health and nutrition, climate-smart development resilience, especially for women and girls.
CARE Tanzania seeks to recruit self-motivated, results driven, dynamic, suitably qualified, competent and dedicated Tanzanians to fill various new positions in the organization in agricultural sector to implement solutions for our beneficiaries in the food production and farming industries.
About Scale Up FFBS Project
Scale FFBS Project funded by Anonymous donor seeks to supports women to become successful farmers, businesspeople, leaders and agents of change. This holistic approach expects to teach women farmers good agricultural practices to improve yields in an environmentally sustainable way, incorporating climate-smart tools and techniques to help them adapt to climate change. It will also enable farmers to access markets and sell at competitive prices, collaborate with one another a, and engage in beneficial and efficient decision – making.
Project Driver Cum Assistant Logistician (to be based in Iringa)
This position is responsible for carrying out duties as a driver cum Assistant Logistician, effectively and efficiently, observing all current organization’s vehicle, motorcycle and generator operating policies and procedures. The driver will also be responsible for ensuring safety of the passengers, vehicle and the tools assigned to him/her and devising ways and maintaining high fuel efficiency and low maintenance costs. The driver Cum Assistant Logistician is responsible for driving an office vehicle including the maintenance records and ensures that routing maintenance is carried out on schedules. The position will be responsible for inspecting the vehicle on daily basis to ensure that it is clean, undamaged and in working order.
The position will also provide Logistics support in the field office ensuring the routine office facility management is adequately taken care and Fleet management Policies and Procedures are applied and adhered to. With guidance and support from the supervisor will facilitate logistics-cohesion in the field office.
- Drive office vehicle within and outside the operational area trips in Tanzania.
- Maintain defensive driving plus presenting safety briefing to passengers prior to each trip departure.
- Maintains office vehicle maintenance records and ensures that the routine maintenance is carried out on schedule.
- Maintains accurate, up to date records on trip sheets, fuel purchases, incident reports, accident reports vehicle condition reports and other records that are requested from management.
- Reviews staff car requests with the supervisor and finalize/maintenance schedule on a daily basis. Notifies the supervisor of any deviations from the approved schedule in order to ensure staff requests are honoured or different arrangements made.
- Maintaining proper records for fuel and reports for any shortage before the start of journey.
- Dispatches office documents/mails to different vendors, partners and customers as assigned.
- Provide Logistics Supports to staff, office errands and general office support.
- Secondary School Ordinary Level Certificate
- Diploma or an equivalent to Technical/Artisan Qualification from a recognized institution or equivalent education in combination with qualifying experience
- Valid and Clean driver’s license class C and willingness to travel in rural areas.
- Certified driver from NIT (National Institute of Transportation) – added advantage
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- 5 years’ experience driving all types of vehicles (heavy and light) in International organisation or local NGO, private sector or Government sector whose nature of the job includes driving in remote areas with poor road infrastructure
- Requires sufficient skills in the application of a specific discipline relevant to the organization’s requirements.
- Experience at checking vehicle for problems and performing pre/post trip maintenance tasks.
- At least 2 years working experience in managing administration errands, logistics support and fleet management in an International non-Governmental Organization funded by donors with strict rules and regulations
- Vocational Trainings in Mechanics and or Automobile
- Ability to drive a motorcycle,
- Exceptional active listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Road traffic rules and regulations
- Proficiency with computers, especially Microsoft Office.
- Able to use effective management systems/tools for self
- Proficient in minute taking, documentation, and simple report writing and prepare vehicle performance management and administration reports
- Good communication skills both oral and written including good interpersonal skills with speaking English and Kiswahili
- Ability to work on own initiative, with a creative approach to problem solving, good planning, strong time management and organizing skills.
MODE OF APPLICATIONS
Only a letter of application and updated CV including names of at least 3 reputable referees from previous jobs (preferable line Managers) with reliable contacts should be sent by email to Human Resources Department [email protected] by Closure of Business, 5th September 2022 at 1700hrs. To apply, please indicate the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abus