Human Resource Business Partner Job Opportunity at ALAF
Human Resource Business Partner
Dar es Salaam
Your Building Solution
HUMAN RESOURCE BUSINESS PARTNER (Dar es Salaam)
- Ensure staff adherence to Security, Health, Safety, and Environmental procedures
- Oversee legal defense actions in labor-related issues are handled properly before the courts, government agencies, or other authorities to protect the organization’s reputation and business interests
- Prepare materials for external legal counsel and manage these relationships to ensure that organization’s interests are well-represented and protected.
- Key advisor on all HR matters to all operations and Departmental Managers
- Handles employee engagement Initiatives within the company and ensures Interdepartmental communication
- Provide guidance on handling workplace grievances and disciplinary procedures by initiating disciplinary processes and acting as a disciplinary committee secretary.
- Advises and counsels staff with respect to rights, responsibilities, code of conduct, and challenges associated with work and entitlements.
- Manage and support company compliance with OSHA and WCF laws, acting as a focal person in relation to these authorities.
- Provides guidance on the interpretation of policies and training to the department leaders to minimize the potential adverse impact of lawsuits, compliance issues, and complaints.
- Manage absenteeism and overtime issues, ensuring that proper measures are taken to always dissuade absences and take disciplinary measures for any deviation with respective department leadership.
- Assists the HR Manager in all personnel-related issues, including meeting with departmental staff representatives, discussing, and proposing solutions on a variety of subjects relating to staff welfare and conditions of work.
- Organizes, gathers, and maintains statistics and prepares reports on personnel matters as required. • Prepare quality HR quarterly and year-end reports within stipulated time frames for review by Human Resource Manager.
- Work with line managers in performing a gap analysis and seeking approvals to fill the gaps so as not to affect the operations
- Ensure exit strategies and protocols are observed Talent Acquisition and Retention • Ensure the company’s staffing requirements are promptly met
- Follow the Group and ALAF recruitment policies and procedures fairly making sure there is equal opportunity for all • Ensure recruitment is done as per approved structure and budget
- Ensure vetting, reference, and background checks are dutifully performed prior to an employee engagement or confirmation to the post.
- Formulate and implement effective recruitment strategies that attract skilled candidates
- Ensure recruitment trackers for Senior, contract, and permanent employees are maintained and continually improved.
- Prepare induction Schedules for all New Joiners and ensure completion and sign-off as confirmation of the same
- Prepare Monthly Recruitment Tracker for all vacant and filled positions Managing employee protective uniforms and working tools
- Liaise with procurement/QHSE departments to organize staff safety gear as per the approved budget.
- Ensure all employees including at the branches are supplied with safety gear.
- Ensure safety gears are of high quality and cost efficiency.
- Collaboration with the Safety Team to ensure changing room lockers are provided as may be required.
- Make arrangements to ensure new hires are provided with working tools per their roles Managed Employee Relations
- Strengthen and maintain harmonious union-management relationships within the company
- Ensure company disciplinary code, procedures, rules, and regulations are in place and are reviewed from time to time to meet statutory compliance and business requirements
- Ensure all employees are aware of the disciplinary code, procedures, rules, and regulations
- Ensure all grievances issues are promptly attended to,
- Ensure staff are well recognized and rewarded possible individually or as a team
- Ensure to read and sign various company policies and SOPs Human Resources Information system
- Ensure SAGE System is updated on a monthly basis
- Provide monthly and weekly HR Reports as requested by Management
- Conduct periodic reviews of the employees’ database (HRIS-SAGE) for comprehensiveness.
- Champion sports and recreational activities within the company
- LLB degree, Degree in Human Resources Management (HRM) or Social Sciences
- An MBA degree will be added advantage
- At least 6 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Knowledge of labour laws (Employment and Labour Relations Act 2004, The Employment and Labour Relations (Code of Good Practice) Rules, 2007, the Labour Institutions (Mediation and Arbitration) Rules, 2007, the Labour Institutions and Code of Conduct for Mediators and Arbitrators Rules, 2007 and the Labour Institutions (Mediation and Arbitration Guidelines) Rules, 2007)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively within a diverse workplace.
- Excellent Communication skills, Analytical skills, Problem-solving skills and Planning & organizing skills
- Ability to use independent judgement and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Ability to investigate and analyse claims information and draw conclusions.
- Advanced analytical, evaluative, and objective critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively summarize and present information.
- Listening skills as well as the ability to understand people’s backgrounds and motives
Dar es Salaam