Grants & Finance Officer Job at Khulisa Management Services
Grants & Finance Officer
Dar es Salaam
Khulisa Management Services
Khulisa Management Services (Pty) Ltd is a professional services firm which provides clients with research, monitoring and evaluation, and information technology services.
Khulisa seeks a qualified and experienced Finance and Grants Officer for a 4-year USAID Tanzania Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning, and Adaptation Activity (USAID/TMELA).
This prospective activity will support USAID/Tanzania’s monitoring, evaluation, and learning needs. Activities will include supporting performance monitoring efforts (DQAs, data collection, etc.), conducting evaluations and assessments of USAID’s activities in Tanzania, building MEL capacity among USAID staff and implementing partners, and other MEL-related responsibilities.
This is a full-time position based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and is contingent upon project award to Khulisa.
- Degree in financial management, accounting, or equivalent discipline
- Minimum 7 years’ experience with financial management of large, development programs/projects
- Proven experience with grants management specifically related to financial management and logistics for US
- Government (USG) funded projects e.g. USAID
- Working knowledge of USG policies and procedures with regards to financial management, financial reporting, procurement processes systems, and grants management
- Demonstrated senior-level experience with establishing, managing, and implementing financial management systems that include budget forecasting, accounting software, payroll, electronic banking, different purchasing systems (cash, cheques, internet banking, purchase orders, contracts), etc.
- Experience in budget management (monitoring of actual vs budget, analyzing budget spend, implementing budget and evaluating budgets)
- Knowledge of, and demonstrated experience with, Tanzania statutory requirements, including VAT, personal income tax, company tax, etc.
- Experience working in senior positions of trust with responsibility for financial affairs and cash handling
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams in a cross-cultural/multi-cultural environment
- Strong oral and written English communication skills
Khulisa is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Khulisa provides market-competitive salaries and employee benefits.
Please apply with a comprehensive CV highlighting experience to firstname.lastname@example.org