General Manager Tanzania Job at Rentokil Initial – Tanzania
General Manager Tanzania
Dar es Rentokil Initial – Tanzania
Pest Control & Hygiene Services
Rentokil Initial is a Global services company employing over 45,000 colleagues across 84 countries. The Company is at the cutting edge of technology and innovation as it strives to protect people and enhance lives, by controlling pests, improving hygiene and improving interior spaces with plants and scenting.
We are experts in the fields we operate in, investing in training, science, innovation and technology, and affording our employees Opportunities for Growth and Development
Listening and acting on feedback is part of our culture to support colleagues and our customers. Rentokil Initial regards equality and fairness as a fundamental right of all of its colleagues.
We live our values of Service, Relationships and Teamwork which were identified by our colleagues across the world.
Our family of businesses:
Rentokil Pest Control is the world’s leading commercial pest control company who provide quality, diligent and friendly services to all our customers.
We operate in 92 of the top 100 cities
We are highly innovative and have leading technical and scientific expertise and our customers look to us for our knowledge and integrity.
Although we don’t provide the most luxurious of services, this is certainly essential for all of our customers, and to make sure service happens.
Initial Hygiene is the world’s leading hygiene services company who provide quality, diligent and friendly services to all our customers. We produce high quality, tailored hygiene product ranges for washrooms – across all sectors and industries where our customers look to us for our knowledge and integrity
Ambius is the world leader in providing interior landscaping services for a range of customers from boutique hotels, to shopping centres. We use planting, scenting, flowers, artwork and exterior landscaping maintenance to improve the environment for the benefit of the customer and their employees. Ambius is a global brand across North America, Europe South Africa and Australia.
We have central support functions of Human Resources, IT, Finance, Legal and Marketing & Innovation in the Rentokil Initial Head Office locations and in country.
You would be supporting the Pest Control, Hygiene business in Tanzania
- A vacancy has arisen for a General Manager in our Tanzania Business
- To grow the revenue, profitability and cash delivery of the region by constantly seeking ways to improve the operating quality and efficiency, customer retention levels and customer base growth, to achieve high levels of service and sales performance in order to meet or exceed relevant targets within set timeframes.
Do you have what it takes? If you want to be considered for this role you will need:
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Drivers Licence
- Legally able to work in Tanzania
- Knowledge of and fluency in Swahili (advantageous)
- Commercial / Managerial tertiary qualification (preferable)
- In-depth understanding of IR/ER legislation to ensure correct interpretation and compliance with legislation and with RI policies and procedures.
- Evidence of 5 years managerial experience (essential)
- Previous pest control experience would be an advantage
- H&S Knowledge and experience
- HACCP Experience and Knowledge
KEY WORK OUTPUTS and ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Delivery of turnover and profit and cash conversion (including active debtors management) to budget
- Manage service processes and delivery of customer service to service specification.
- Communicate and co-operation between functional management
- Drive compliance with all company and divisional policies and procedures
- Achieve and improve on the customer base and retention levels thereof
- Effectively recruit and develop and retain talent ensuring the region is appropriately staffed at all times
- Control and manage budgets, forecasts and margins
- Increase market penetration and share and introduce innovative ways of selling new business.
- Lead, train and develop talent within the team by upgrading skills & capabilities, coaching & developing colleagues, thereby creating an extremely high functioning and successful team that will support the company’s strategic plan going forward.
- Maintain a clear communication path with the regional management so that key issues confronting the business are promptly identified and kept in focus
- Liaise with regional support functions such as HR, IT and Finance while taking accountability for execution of such functional activities within the country.
- Technically support and actively drive service delivery to customers in particularly high dependency customers, remaining hands on if required
- Drive compliance with all relevant legislation, company and divisional policies and procedures
- Support and drive Key HR projects for the region : YVC & L&D initiatives
- Manage employee relations in country as well as IR /union matters
- Drive the HSE Strategy and related employee programmes
- Ensure that performance is managed according to process and tracked appropriately including poor performance/Incapacitty
Are you interested? Here’s what you can expect when you join us…
- Challenging opportunities
Rentokil Initial believes in supporting all employees to provide equal opportunities and avoid discrimination. We also place emphasis on workplace diversity which means that we are serious about creating an inclusive environment that accepts each individual’s differences, embraces their strengths and provides opportunities for all colleagues to achieve their full
Do you love to provide a valued professional service throughout your community? Do you feel like you could do the job well? Apply for the role today!