General Manager Job Opportunity at JEMA Jione
Position: General Manager
A well reputable Mining company is looking for a manager. You will need a degree in
Business Administration, BSc in mineral /mining experience and knowledge is an added
advantages, additionally you will need a minimum of three years epxerince in a similar
Reporting to chief Operations Officer
Supervision of JEMA Jione Staff
Interacts with JEMA Jione /JEMA Africa ,JEMA Chemical and Management Staff.
- Experience 3 years plus
- Education Level Degree
- Qualifications Degree in Business Administration with experience in minning sector
- Software MS Word
- Equipment PC / Laptop / Minning Equipment
- Mining / Production planning / development planning / Safety measures / Blasting / Drilling
- Skills to Communicate Effectively / Decision making / Teamplayer
- Leadership skills
A General Manager is responsible for improving efficiency and increasing departmental
profits while managing the company's overall operations. They oversee several elements
in a business, including planning ,hiring staff, operating budgets, and launching price
promotions that could attract more customers.
Knowledge and skills required
- Excellent leadership skills, including goal setting, motivating, training and mentorship
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including writing, speaking and
- Effective conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
- Good organization and time management.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced or high-pressure environment
- In-depth knowledge of gold mining and refining industry.
Other responsibilities include.
- In charge of all mining production processes and executions of works at plants level
to mining sites.
- Oversee daily drilling and blasting and ensure all safety and health standards
according government practices are met.
- Ensure all reports including monthly reports are done properly, timely with high
standard of neatness and submit them to the COO.
- Manage relationships with potential partners/vendors
- Oversee JEMA Jione financial strategy, supporting the finance team in the
development of financial models, budgets, and analyses; leverage data to drive key
- Implements operational benchmarks and resources in order to achieve strategic goals,
proactively driving improvements as necessary work in concert with JEMA Jione
company Limited, effectiveness of the team and set standards of accountability and
clearly defined measurements of success as per company policies.
- With collaboration with Chief Operations Officer, a General Manager will oversee
annual budgeting and audit; manage/mitigate the organizations legal risk and govern
all compliance related issues; ensures budgets and financial allocations are aligned to
a company’s strategic priorities.
- Coordinate and ensure strong execution across the leadershipin JEMA Jione as company in accordance with overall company strategic plan.
- Effectively align systems and structures across JEMA Jione Limited team andfunctions to maximize impact.
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics.
- Provide strategic leadership around company human Resources-related issues and
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
Mode of Application (Documents required)
Application letter, Curriculum vitae, copies of relevant training and professional certificates and full contact details of three referees who are in position and willing to vouch for your professional background. This may include your immediate manager/supervisor. The deadline for submission of application is August 19, 2022. Applications should be sent to [email protected]