General Manager Job Opportunity at JEMA Chemicals
Position: General Manager
Company: Jema Chemicals
A well reputable Mining company is looking for a manager. You will need a degree in
Business Administration, BSc in mineral /mining experience and knowledge is an added
advantages, additionally you will need a minimum of three years epxerince in a similar
Reporting to chief Operations Officer
Supervision of JEMA Chemicals Staff
Interacts with JEMA Jione /JEMA Africa ,JEMA Chemical and Management Staff.
Experience: 3 years plus
Education: Level Degree
Qualifications: Degree in Business Administration with experience in minning sector
Software: MS Word
Equipment: PC / Laptop / Minning Equipment
- Mining / Production planning / development planning / Safety measures /
- Skills to Communicate Effectively / Decision making / Teamplayer
A General Manager is responsible for improving efficiency and increasing departmental
profits while managing the company's overall operations. They oversee several elements
in a business, including planning ,hiring staff, operating budgets, and launching price
promotions that could attract more customers. General Manager will assist first-line managers
to achieve their goals and also ensure that all teams within a unit are functioning well.
Knowledge and skills required
- Excellent leadership skills, including goal setting, motivating, training and mentorship
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including writing, speaking and active listening
- Effective conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
- Good organization and time management.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced or high-pressure environment
- In-depth knowledge of chemicals that are used to the gold mine refining industry
Job descriptions and responsibilities
- Ensure all reports including monthly reports are done properly, timely with high
standard of neatness and submit them to the COO.
- Manage relationships with potential partners/vendors
- Oversee JEMA Chemicals financial strategy, supporting the finance team in the
development of financial models, budgets, and analyses; leverage data to drive key
- Implements operational benchmarks and resources in order to achieve strategic goals,
proactively driving improvements as necessary work in concert with JEMA
Chemicals Limited, effectiveness of the team and set standards of accountability and
clearly defined measurements of success as per company policies.
- With collaboration with Chief Operations Officer, a General Manager will oversee
annual budgeting and audit; manage/mitigate the organizations legal risk and govern
all compliance related issues; ensures budgets and financial allocations are aligned to
a company’s strategic priorities.
- Coordinate and ensure strong execution across the leadership in JEMA Chemicals as
company in accordance with overall company strategic plan.
- Effectively align systems and structures across the team and functions to maximize
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics.
- Provide strategic leadership around company human Resources-related issues and
Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- With collaborations of Human resource will do hiring of new staff within a
department and branch levels.
- Working closely with marketing managers and other senior staff to retain clients.
- Developing new solutions to meet client needs.
Mode of Application (Documents required)
Application letter, Curriculum vitae, copies of relevant training and professional certificates and full contact details of three referees who are in position and willing to vouch for your professional background. This may include your immediate manager/supervisor. The deadline for submission of application is August 19, 2022. Applications should be sent to [email protected]