General Manager at Kyosk Digital Services Limited
Kyosk Digital Services Limited
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Did you apply?
Lead the company’s business operations in the country, taking accountability for the P&L, Equity, Cash Flow and Balance Sheet deliverables. Provide strategic leadership in the development, implementation and evaluation of the Company’s strategic and business plans.
Accountable for overall company performance, day to day operations and management of stakeholders to grow value and build a strong and sustainable business.
- Strategic Direction: Lead the planning, formulation and implementation of the strategic plan in-country in line with the company’s vision, mission and strategic objectives.
- This will also involve translating the strategic objectives into actionable initiatives and effectively cascading them to the departmental/functional heads to drive accountability and execution.
- The role holder will be accountable for the country’s P&L including management of the same; He/she will lead policy development, formulation and implementation.
- Market Strategy: Direct the formulation of the market strategy including market penetration plan,company’s value proposition, key brand messaging, data generation on target customer demographics. Oversee market penetration strategy to ensure uptake and market share growth.
- Country Leadership: Effectively manage the human resources, drivingperformance management across all levels of the business as well as a high-performance culture in the business.
- Ensure learning and development of the team to guarantee the right skill sets to drive the business agenda and effective succession planning.
Operations Oversight: Drive cost management and operational excellence to maximize productivity whilst maintaining the highest level of quality with reduced wastage.
- Monitor overall business operations in line with the business objectives and plans & targets and lead the development of corrective measures where necessary.
- Revenue Leadership & Budgeting Oversight: Lead revenue and profit generation for the company; oversee the achievement of the company’s set financial targets by providing leadership and direction;ensure cost optimization in-country, oversee budget development and management.
- Provide strategic leadership in the mobilization and effective management of the company’s financial resources to operationalize the business plans and maximize shareholders’ value.
- Decision Making: Provide sound decision-making to the business including driving an agile approach to decision-making in a VUCA world. Lead a data-based and analytical thinking decision-making approach within the business.
- Governance & Risk Management: Develop and implement the company-wide risk management and business continuity plan; proactively assess the economic and political environment and their impact on business operations; promptly seize business opportunities, proactively monitor and manage risks to ensure business continuity.
- Drive compliance within the organization in line with the relevant statutory, regulatory and industry guidelines;
- Performance & People Management: Oversee the establishment of systems for attracting and retaining a talented and dynamic workforce; lead development of a robust performance-driven culture, inspire and lead staff towards high levels of performance for the achievement of productivity goals and objectives.
- Ensure effective people management to build a workforce that is well motivated and engaged.
Minimum Qualifications & Desired Skills
- A Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field;
- An MBA in strategic management or experience in management consulting or similar will be an added advantage;
- Relevant Post-Graduate and/or Professional Body Qualifications;
- 10 years fast-track (or 15 years progressive) inter-functional experience in Business Administration/Leadership and/or Supply Chains; and/or demonstrated entrepreneurial success;
- Experience in FMCG or retail is preferred;
- Demonstrated success in Management and Business Systems deployment;
Versatile business / functional professional;
- Proven ability to articulate the company’s vision and rally the team to achievement;
- Expert at working with numbers in deriving business insights;
- Deep experience and understanding of Human Nature and Talent Management in Culture Deployment.;
- Demonstrated Coaching and Mentoring successes;
- A natural at identifying unique economic value propositions in digital and / or low-cost business models;
- A calm and insightful disposition in VUCA and high-pressure environments.
Competencies & Key Skills
- Strategic Leadership;
- Vision Articulation;
- Entrepreneurial Thinking;
- Stakeholder Management;
- Attention to Detail;
- Learning Agility;
- Culture Leader;
- Tech Savvy.
About The Company
Export Trading Group is the largest agricultural-commodity supply chain company in East and Southern Africa. The Company originates (buys) crops at farm gate “up country” in over 25 African countries, aggregates and processes them in a network of proprietary facilities and exports them internationally. Using this infrastructure in reverse, the Company imports fertilizer and rice, breaks bulk and processes them, and distributes them to smallholders.
ETG Digital Platforms (Kyosk) is building the future of the retail of everyday essentials and access to financial services in Africa, starting from Kenya.
Kyosk Digital Services limited is a tech-led platform that connects informal retailers who retail in kiosks and other similar retail outlets directly to fast-moving consumer goods companies (FMCGs) by communicating demand from retail outlets directly to FMCGs and their distributors and managing the delivery of the goods to the kiosks.
Our digital ordering and delivery platform – Kyosk, ensures that these retail outlets get access to stock at competitive prices and have them delivered directly to them. FMCGs find the traditional distribution chain to be inadequate as well, making it expensive for them to serve kiosk-type retail outlets, leading to high incidences of product stock-outs and lost sales opportunities. By providing FMCGs with good data visibility, we solve this major problem of theirs.
If you want to become a business leader in the emerging digital technology space and join a rapidly growing company of passionate and determined individuals with a singular will to win, Kyosk Digital is the organization for you.