Forensic Investigator Job Opportunity at Bayport Tanzania
Job Title: Forensic Investigator
Reporting to: Governance, Risk and Compliance Manager
Job Level: B4L2 Professional / Technical staff (non-sales)
The Forensic Investigator will be part of the in-country Forensic team tasked with the duty of
preventing, detecting, investigating, monitoring, and monitoring fraudulent and unethical activities in
the business processes. The Forensic Investigator will be tasked with providing resolutions to fraud
risks identified in order mitigate the risks.
ABOUT BAYPORT TANZANIA:
Bayport Financial Services Tanzania was incorporated in 2006 and has rapidly become the leading
micro-credit provider to Government employees and employees of approved private companies in
Tanzania. Bayport Tanzania as a business has evolved overtime to ensure that it continues to serve its
purpose at the most convenient manner to its clients. Bayport Tanzania is a digital pioneer in the
financial sector and its commitment is to ensure that all its functions operate digitally and advocate
simplicity. In return this makes all its processes fluent and significantly improve customer experience.
Bayport Tanzania’s Vision is wide, and People remain to be at the centre of it all.
- Investigation of allegations of non-compliance and/or compliance issues, fraud, unethical, and
other cases of “business not as usual” and issue relevant reports on the findings.
Investigations will take place both internally and in the field.
- Work on request of authorities, research, analyse and report issues.
- Support audits and investigations through specialized know how in financial crime prevention
and fraud related topics (e.g., assessments of whistleblowing programs, fraud risks, and
related regulatory audit topics).
- Articulates and quantifies the wider implications of any misappropriation, corruption, theft, or
financial crime by drawing upon deep technical and industry knowledge.
- Conducts follow up reviews to test implementation effectiveness and help mitigate future risk.
- Liaises with customers, external legal teams, witnesses, other experts, police, criminal
prosecutors, and regulatory enforcers.
- Maintains a network of internal and external professional contacts.
- Familiarize with the various dispute resolution mechanisms (e.g., trial, civil hearing, mediation,
arbitration, regulatory/competition tribunals).
- Familiarize with contemporary issues and trends in Forensic and investigation profession.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Risk Management, Law, Law
- Enforcement, or related field.
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) will be an added advantage.
- At least 2 years of work experience in conducting investigations related to Fraud, Forensics
Audit/ Investigation, Risk management or related filed.
- Financial Services sector experience will be an added advantage.
- Willingness to travel across regions within Tanzania.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced Computer literacy with emphasis on expert level use of Excel.
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the
- Stress management, optimum prioritization, and time management skills.
- Advanced analytical and statistical skills.
- Exhibit maturity and initiative with strong sense of teamwork.
- Ethical and principled.
- Proven integrity – honest and truthful.
- Proactive and open-minded.
- Willing to keep learning.
- A person of good judgment, tact, and diplomacy.
Applicants are invited to send their resumes indicating the role title in the Subject via:
Email: [email protected]