Fleet Manager Job at Simba Logistics Equipment Supply
Dar es Salaam
Simba Logistics Equipment Supply
We offer Logistics with smart cargo tracking, monitoring and management solutions, distribution, sales, and branding.
Simba Logistics Equipment Supply (SLES) is a private company operating in Supply Chain Management Industry. SLES is seeking to recruit competent, committed and self-motivated candidate to fill the following position;
Position: Fleet Manager
Location: Dar es Salaam
Reporting to: Group CEO
As part of the Supply Chain process, Fleet Manager performs many organizational and management tasks to monitor, maintain and improve a company’s transportation processes. Their duties and responsibilities include:
- Purchasing vehicles to expand and/or enhance the fleet
- Scheduling regular maintenance on all vehicles
- Ordering urgent or emergency repairs as needed
- Establishing efficient routes and transportation schedules
- Coordinating Drivers and on-staff maintenance professionals when setting employee schedules
- Managing vehicle licensure and registration
- Ensuring all fleet members have proper licensure and up-to-date training
- Monitoring Drivers to ensure adherence to schedules and proper driving practices
- Work together with HR Team, searching for, hiring and training new Drivers
- Providing reports to management on budgeting, schedules, maintenance and fleet progress
- Developing methods to decrease cost and improve efficiency
- Advice on fleet management and structures and staffing levels to ensure that they are at all times adequate to meet the requirements of the department plan.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following education and experience:
i. Associate degree in Transport Logistics or Procurement or equivalent qualification from a recognized University.
ii. Proficient user of IT systems
iii. Background of mechanical knowledge would be highly added advantage
iv. Not less than five (5) years relevant work experience in logistics operations.
In addition to the above skills and qualifications, applicants for the above position are required to have the following attributes:
Ability to self-manage, attain objectives and meet deadlines
A very high level of integrity, honest and sense of accountability
Ability to work under pressure and produce expected results.
Ability to work in a team
TENURE AND REMUNERATION
A competitive salary will be offered to the right candidate for the post. Employment will be on two (2) years contracts that are renewable upon satisfactory performance
SLES is an equal opportunity Employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
Application letter should be addressed to the address shown below;
Simba Logistic Equipment Supply
P.O Box 40451
Dar Es Salaam
Please send cover letter and resume by email, with Fleet/Warehouse Operations Manager in the subject line, to email@example.com