Finance Systems Manager, VisionFund International at World Vision
Finance Systems Manager, VisionFund International at World Vision
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
VisionFund is World Vision’s microfinance provider serving vulnerable clients through loans, savings, and insurance. We enable families to grow their livelihoods in hard to reach, rural locations in 28 countries so that caregivers can create secure futures for their children. We believe in brighter futures for children; empowering families to create incomes and jobs; unlocking economic potential for communities to thrive. Join VisionFund as we seek to end intergenerational poverty through microfinance.
The Finance Systems Manager, VisionFund International (VFI) role is responsible for the implementation of Financial Management systems, including Sun6 and integration with related platforms, across the VisionFund network. This role will establish system best practices and facilitates the initiation of a complex technical program to ensure the development of detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports for each country’s implementation of Sun Systems and related applications, services and staff capacity building. The role will manage the tranches of work within the implementation program, ensuring that the program aligns with VisionFund’s strategy and the objectives of both Finance and Technology departments.
RELATED POST: Finance Officer II at HelpAge Tanzania
- Relationship management: Develops and maintains productive working relationships with MFI management, the Global Centre Finance team, World Vision support services and Infor. Provides strategic guidance and insight for MFI and Global technology change programs that are mission or business critical.
- Project Planning: Leads and manages the setup of the program through to the delivery of the new capabilities, realization of benefits and program closure.
Plans and designs the program and proactively monitors its overall progress
Reviews and consolidates all project plans developed for each project within a program. Works with the technology leadership teams to ensure the program is aligned with VFI strategy.
Risk Management, Conflicts/Problems: Resolves issues and initiates corrective action throughout the program and project lifecycle. Negotiates conflicts and mediates between stakeholders and team members. Identifies the elements of risk in a project. Develops and maintains risk plans, processes and systems in order to mitigate risk.
- Resource management: Manages all members of the Finance Systems program center of competency (SunStars and SunSystems Specialists)
Identifies, secures, and coordinates implementation of internal and external resources and expertise as appropriate to achieve program objectives.
Works with other Operations & Technology managers in order to effectively align resources across projects. Negotiates changes in project resources as necessary to achieve objectives and
- Budget and Vendor Management: Assists with identifying which resources need to be procured both within and outside the organization. Describes technical or other issues that need to be considered and assists in the development of the Statement of Work (SOWs). Evaluates and oversees vendor activities
Manages the program’s budget, monitoring the expenditures and costs against benefits. Estimates cost associated within the program including financial and human resource
Required qualifications and experience
Required Professional Experience – at least 10 years in a similar position.
- Financial systems management: The Finance Systems Manager should have a strong understanding of SUN 6 financial management systems, they should be proficient in system implementation, configuration, and integration with related applications.
- Technical Program Management: This role requires expertise in managing complex technical programs. The Finance Systems Manager should have experience in initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing programs or projects. They should be able to develop work plans, schedules, and resource plans and monitor and report on project status.
- Project Management: A solid foundation in project management principles and methodologies is crucial. The Finance Systems Manager should have knowledge of project management frameworks, tools, and techniques to effectively manage the implementation of financial systems across the network.
Integration and Data Management: Integration of financial systems with other platforms and applications is critical to this role. The Finance Systems Manager should possess knowledge of data integration methods, data governance, data security, and data management best practices.
- Change Management: Implementing financial management systems often involves significant organizational change. The Finance Systems Manager should be well-versed in change management principles and methodologies to effectively manage the people side of the implementation, including communication, training, and stakeholder engagement.
- Stakeholder Management: This role requires interacting with stakeholders from both the Finance and Technology departments. The Finance Systems Manager should have strong interpersonal and communication skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams, manage expectations, and address any conflicts or issues that arise.
- Continuous Improvement: The Finance Systems Manager should have a mindset of continuous improvement and be up to date with emerging technologies and trends in financial management systems. This includes exploring opportunities for process optimization, automation, and enhancing system capabilities.
Leadership and Team Management: Leading a team and fostering a collaborative environment is crucial. The Finance Systems Manager should have strong leadership skills to inspire and motivate team members, assign tasks, provide guidance, and ensure the successful delivery of the implementation program.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification –
For the Finance Systems Manager role, with a focus on IT technical responsibilities rather than finance, the following education qualifications would be relevant:
- Bachelor’s Degree: A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related discipline is typically required. This educational foundation provides a solid understanding of core IT concepts and principles.
- IT Certifications: Certification in relevant IT areas – Certifications related to project management, system implementation, system integration, or IT governance can demonstrate specialized knowledge and skills in those areas
- Basic Accounting and Finance Knowledge: Basic accounting and finance is essential to effectively manage Sun Systems Accounting Software. Knowledge of financial reporting, budgeting, internal controls, and other accounting processes ensures a comprehensive understanding of how the software supports financial operations.
- Training: Completion of training programs specific to Sun Systems’ financial management systems. A Sun Systems Certification will be an added advantage.
- Continuing Education: Staying updated with the latest technological advancements and industry best practices is important for a Finance Systems Manager. Demonstrating a commitment to continuing education through relevant courses, workshops, or certifications showcases a dedication to professional growth and improvement
- Professional Experience: Hands-on experience working with Sun Systems Accounting Software or similar financial management systems is highly recommended. Practical experience in implementing, configuring, and managing the software in real-world settings.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications – Knowledge in managing Sun6 is crucial
Language Requirements – Proficiency in English is essential, while fluency in French and Spanish would be advantageous.
Travel and/or Work Environment
The position requires ability and willingness to travel internationally, potentially 25% – 30% of the time.
Able to work from home if required
** Apart from the Philippines, the opportunity is available in other locations such as Zambia, Tanzania, Uganda, Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador to name a few, where VisionFund is registered **
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only