Environment And Communities Manager Job Opportunity at Shughulika Afrika
Environment And Communities Manager
The Manager Environment and Communities will play a pivotal role in the delivery of the project. Building on the work performed during the 2017 BFS the manager will be responsible for enabling the resettlement of communities, updating community and environmental management plans and driving the execution of those plans. This will be critical to ensuring project milestones can be achieved.
- Lead the development and implementation of Environmental and Community systems and processes. Ensure alignment with best practice including compliance with relevant international standards (e.g. Equator Principles).
- Lead the engagement with local communities and develop and implement plans to support the establishment of our operations while ensuring community expectations are achieved.
- Lead the engagement with affected community members that will be relocated as part of the Project, and ensure relocation is achieved within the Project time line.
- Engage specialist consultants as required to support development of our environmental and community action plans.
- Establish partnerships with service providers where appropriate.
- Ensure we meet our environmental impact mitigation commitments through the life of the project.
- Provide timely written reports for key accountability, company ASX announcements and other reports.
- Relevant Tertiary Qualifications and experience in Environmental Science discipline.
- Experience in the relocation of affected communities.
- Experience in the development and implementation of project specific environmental and community action plans.
Experience in the development and implementation of environmental and community management systems.
Experience in community engagement and development of robust plans that balance the needs of the community with business objectives to achieve win-win outcomes.
Experience in engaging and managing external consultants.
Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
Excellent communication and people skills.
The ability to work with people in the community (preferable speak Swahili)
The ability to work independently, apply initiative and develop solutions.
Advanced oral and written communication skills, including preparing reports, presentations and board papers and interacting with external parties such as industry representatives and senior executives.
Sound commercial negotiation skills, including ability to form and build relationships with external parties.