Driver – HR at Geita Gold Mining Ltd
Driver – HR
Geita Gold Mining Ltd
Geita Gold Mine is an open pit gold mine located in the Geita District of the Geita Region of Tanzania. It is operated by AngloGold Ashanti.
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Driver – HR
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified Time Contract
Department: Human Resources
Reporting to: Senior Supervisor Travel & Events.
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Purpose of the role is to provide transport services direct support to GGML Employees and visitors and other support function to the HR department.
- Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE)
- Valid Class C Tanzania driving license.
- Passengers Driving Certificate from National Institute of Transport (NIT) or VETA
- VIP driving certificate.
- GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Minimum of 3 years’ working experience of driving passengers and corporate customers.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Adhere to safety site rules and regulations related to driving and working in the mine all the time.
- Adhere to security site rules and regulations.
- Check and Collect GGML mails from the post office.
- Check and monitor all HR vehicles maintenance.
- Check and ensure vehicle assigned to him during duty time is properly equipped with necessary safety equipment / tool i.e., prestart book, Logbook, triangles etc.
- Transfer GGML Employees and visitors from different areas within the mine site and in any other roads/ sites within Tanzania Mainland.
- Assist on clerical duties which might be assigned to the incumbent from time to time.
- Conducts inspections of safety conditions and risks in working area and report sub-standard item/conditions/risks and unsafe acts to supervisor.
- Any other duties as assigned by your supervisor related to your role.
- Professional driving skills & excellent driving record.
- Accurate navigation skills
- Understanding vehicle functionality
- Knowledge of all driving laws & regulations and observes all traffic requirements.
- Familiarity with vehicle maintenance
- Good communications skills
- Capable of working under pressure
- Customer Service
- Time Management skills
- Defensive driving
- Healthy & fit.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking APPLY NOW button below.
On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names, and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources”, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Driver – HR.”
If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
Applications should reach the above on or before 23th November 2023 at 5:30 PM.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
How to Apply: