Director Of Programs at CVPeople Tanzania
Director Of Programs
CVPeople Tanzania | Full time
Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
- Work closely as part of THPS leadership Team, including the Executive Director, Chief Operations Officer, Strategic Information Director, Care and Treatment Director and
- Associate Directors to provide strategic vision, management guidance and oversight of THPS HIV prevention, care and treatment activities in supported regions. Key responsibilities entail leading development of program objectives, work plans and budgets, and reporting and monitoring program progress.
- The Director of Programs will oversee programmatic implementation and technical interventions and strategic information.
- Also, s/he will conduct regular organizational programmatic assessments to identify resource gaps and lead implementation of mitigation plans that foster achievement of program goals, targets within agreed timelines.
- S/he will directly supervise the Care and treatment Director, the Associate Director of the Central Technical Team and the Strategic Information Director.
- S/he will ensure that decisions are data driven and all programmatic goals and objectives are met so that THPS work within the health sector results into sustainable health and community systems with skilled providers.
- S/he will lead programmatic communication with donors, the Ministry of Health (MoH) at all levels, Presidents Office Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG) and other key stakeholders including implementing partners and civil society.
- Director Of Programs at CVPeople Tanzania
- Oversee development and periodic revision of program objectives, staff work plans and budgets
- Directly supervise Care and Treatment and SI Unit Directors
- Monitor progress towards program objectives and timelines, including regular and timely reporting to donors, and the GoT
- Review and approve program quarterly and semi-annual reports and best practices articles, lessons learned, case studies and other materials
- Ensure cross-collaboration among technical units, SI and operations units to develop, implement and monitor strategies, processes, tools and n systems required for successful project implementation.
- Assist the company Executive Director in coordinating the annual Continuation Application planning process
- Lead the company technical teams in the use of data for monitoring, evaluation and programmatic decision-making.
- Guide the development of materials related to comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment, including guidelines, protocols, algorithms, drug formularies, training materials, and monitoring and evaluation tools.
- Assist Executive Director in managing relationships with key GOT officials; negotiate and develop memoranda of understanding to define working relationships with government partners
- Coordinate strategic programmatic partnerships with national and international implementing partners
- Represent THPS at programmatic MOH, donor and partner meetings, and make presentations at and prepare reports for professional meetings and conferences as requested by Executive Director
- Coordinate with project technical leads and supervise the company program units to effectively implement program activities and meet objectives
- Facilitate regular program staff technical meetings
- Oversee preparation for and facilitation of GOT and Donor visits to the company supported sites
- Participate and coordinate the company participation in national technical working groups (TWG) e.g. HIV, TB, pediatrics, PMTCT/EID, VMMC, COVID 19 and SI interventions.
- Assist the Executive Director to seek new funding opportunities and coordinate responses to funding announcements
- Serve as designee of the Executive Director when s/he is away from office
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
Knowledge and Experience
- Must have Medical Degree (MD), with a Master’s/advanced degree in health-related field e.g. medicine, public health, tropical medicine, epidemiology, health management or related field
- Must have at least 8 years’ experience in management positions in the health field
- Management position in PEPFAR programs is an advantage
- Experience with HIV/AIDS, TB and health systems programming preferred
- Proven experience in work planning, budgeting, and project monitoring
- Minimum 8 years’ experience working with donor funding, USG-funded programs
- Experience in detailed scientific data analysis and demonstrated track record in public health research and publications
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and strong problem-solving skills
- Proven experience in managing staff
- Keen attention to detail, both in terms of content and presentation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability and willingness to travel to remote regions
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required
The deadline to submit your application is November 30th, 2022