Data Entry Officer Job Opportunty at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Data Entry Officer
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) September, 2022
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Develop data collection methods and tools to support programs in needs assessment, baseline assessment, output and outcome monitoring and evaluation of the on-going projects.
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly reports
- Ensure proper filing of project documents and reports
- Conduct routine monitoring and follow-up of project activities
- Other activities agreed and discussed with supervisor
- Responsible for managing, recording, sharing, following up and consolidating WASH committee feedback about NRC’s WASH interventions
- Perform GIS database development, qualitative/quantitative analysis, and mapping
- Work closely with the program teams, M&E.
- Responsible for data collection, entry, analyze and management, also Making sure data collected are accuracy
- Cross check data collected in the field, ensure regular updates, and solve eventual discrepancies
- Manage, update, and deploy monthly questionnaire
- Maintain, update, and expand data base system from automated data analysis and map production for factsheets
- Identify map information needs.
- Identify and access map information sources.
- Ensure accurate linkages between spatial databases and assessment data.
- Production of GIS outputs including maps and factsheets.
- Ensures that the produced maps meet the requirements of NRC -WASH and concerned partners.
- Monitor accuracy of data collected; Cross check data collected in the field, ensure regular updates, and solve eventual discrepancies; Manage, update, and deploy monthly questionnaire
Position: Data Officer -WASH (1)Reports to: WASH PC
Duty station: Kibondo-Nduta
Duration: 4 Months Could be extended based on funding availability
- Bachelor’s degree in GIS or a related discipline
- 3 years of experience in GIS / Database management, preferably in humanitarian context Considerable experience in analyzing complex data and knowledge of other statistical programming languages and packages a plus;
- Previous experience with mobile data collection (ODK, ONA, KOBO, survey CTO).
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders, mainly communities effectively.
Ability to receive and handle confidential and sensitive information (highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential)
- Computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Able to perform field data collection activities requiring long durations of walking
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
The deadline for submitting the application is 08 September 2022.