Customs Liaison Officer at TotalEnergies
Customs Liaison Officer
Dar es Salaam
About us / company profile
Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental
standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by
100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.
DAR ES SALAAM-MAFUTA RD(TZA)
- Application of Safety Managements Systems.
- Quality Control of products to be within Tanzania quality specifications as per TBS.
- Taxes and whaffages- Ensure that All TAXES for fuel are processed on time, Manifest comparisons and whaffage are processed and paid on time to avoid penalty for late payments and delay to evacuate transit parcels
- Close follow up on transit/Transshipment and Customs documentations for TANZANIA/DRC/BURUNDI/UGANDA/RWANDA/ZAMBIA /and RWANDA related to GAPCO and TOTAL by ensuring completeness and proper files are maintained and made available whenever they are needed either internally ,by our customers ,Regulators, Auditors e.t.c
- Taxes forecast, assessment and payment :Send Monthly forecast of taxes to treasury and update whenever there is changes, Assessment of Taxes and payment in accordance of customs procedures to avoid GTL/TTL parcels discharged into other depot, and zero penalty for late payments of Taxes
- Whaffage and Additional Taxes: Ensure that Manifest comparisons, Claim of overpaid taxes on fuel , payment of Additional Taxes, payment of whaffages are completed as per customs procedure and timing to avoid penalty and delay of the uplift of transit parcels
- Transit Product age report – Closely follow-up on the loading limit day for each transit parcel, Send Age report every Monday to transit customers and supply manager and request for extension from TRA 5 days before expiration of Limit time to avoid localizing the product and inconveniences to customers.
- Transit Documentations: Coordinate transit loadings by Ensuring smooth transit loadings by completing Documentation timely and closely follow-up all transit trucks to make sure that validation at the border and bond cancellation is done on time.
- Communicate pending monthly and action plan to clear them.
- Localization: Timely processing of Taxes and whaffage on localization, Immediate follow-up with TRA for bond cancellation on localized product
- Custom Queries: Ensure that all custom related queries are attended on time including but not limited to Audit
- Transit documents communication and stocks Reconciliations: Timely communicating of all necessary documents for transit customer to be able to confirm and process all the documentation (Outturn, certificate of Quality &qty, Loadings summary, pump over reports etc, Ensure proper reconciliations per vessel with transit customers are completed at the end of each vessel uplift and provide all required documents to transit customers
- Notice Of Intention (NOI) –Coordinate with Depots Managers/Supply and Hospitality assistants to ensure All NOI for products received at Gapco and TOTAL are approved by TRA , received and properly filed for customs purpose, This include Our Hospitality customers
- Assist Administration in all pending matters relating to supply sections that may delay the renewal of different licenses e.g. OMC License , Pending Validation of trucks , etc
- Records Management and Maintain all records and communications with TRA and other parts related to trading and exports or transit cargo and Local customs.
- Attend all other customs related matters for GTL and TTL
- Any Other Job related to your section as may be assigned to you by your superior
Context and environment
Complex market with various regulations, constrained supply system, numerous OMCs. Imports planned 2-3 months ahead so requiring accurate forecasts.
Involve interaction with TRA/PBPA staff during documents processing whereby some are less cooperative
Correctness of all documents which needs concentration as it involves huge amount of money to be paid.
Most of the duties are strictly to specific deadline therefore, needs time dedication
Customs Liaison Officer Job Vacancy at TotalEnergies
Bachelor Degree /Advanced Diploma in Tax and Customs related field with experience of 2-3 years
Depot operations knowledge
Customs procedures on petroleum products importation experience.
Metier: Stock Management
Region, department, area: Tanzania
Employment type: Regular position
Experience level required: Minimum 3 years
Employer company: TotalEnergies Marketing Tanzania Limited
Branch: Marketing & Services