Credit Analysis Officer at China Dasheng Bank Ltd
Credit Analysis Officer
China Dasheng Bank Ltd
Dar es Salaam
China Dasheng Bank Ltd is a fully -fledged commercial bank licenced by the Bank of Tanzania bank in November 2018. The Bank is going to celebrate its 4th anniversary on 25th, November 2022 and we take pride to share that for all four years since its inception, the bank has been growing and making profit. Currently the bank is operating under two branches, one is located along Samora Avenue and the other one Kariakoo.
With the achievements and growth experienced, we believe it is high time to grow our team as well. China Dasheng Bank invites suitable applicants to apply for the following posts.
Job title: Credit Analysis Officer
Reporting to: Head of Credit & Recovery
Location: Dar Es Salaam
Duties and Responsibilities
Credit Analysis Duties
- Delivery of a professional service to the business units, by assessing and evaluating credit applications/requests including staff loans (new and/or existing) based on sound credit techniques, credit policy and financial principles, in view of minimizing risk to the bank.
- Observe SLA and without jeopardizing the quality of credit proposals.
- Provide direct (specialist/ professional) credit assessment to whether the credit proposal meets criteria and counterparty credit risk falls within acceptable parameters, and independently recommend appropriate credit proposal including terms or conditions where necessary to ring fence exposure.
- Evaluate information obtained to gain a thorough understanding of business parameters, which create profit/value as well as the associated risks.
- Utilize industry and market information available to identify and understand contextual threats to existing and potential clients.
- Build a smooth working relationship with business counterparty to improve quality of business proposals and turnaround time.
- Share joint credit responsibility for business recommended.
- Appropriately structure a deal in line with the purpose and cash inflows.
- Adhere to agreed Turnaround Time without compromising the quality of the credit proposal / decision.
- Provide independent credit opinion.
- Manage credit policy reviews and related manuals and update where necessary.
- Detect and evaluate shifts or changes in key risk parameters in a business relationship or industry and evaluates the implications of such changes on continued business dealings.
Credit Analysis Officer at China Dasheng Bank Ltd
Credit Administration Duties
- Preparation of facility letter, loan agreement and legal documentation to ensure the approval conditions are well captured as well as bank interest is protected
- Preparation of all documents related to Trade Finance (Bank guarantee, advance payment, letter credit and others)
- Review loan documentations after execution to ensure the bank interest is well protected as well as confirming the perfection status of collaterals before recommending disbursement of the facility.
- Ensure all conditions precedent disbursement as per the disbursement checklist and approved credit applications have been met before recommending for disbursement
- Ensure availability of appropriate approval in case of deferral to any of the approved condition that has to be met before disbursement before recommending for early or partial drawdown.
- Tracking for closure on deferrals to the disbursed loans including security perfection.
- Preparation of availment tickets
- Ensure smooth administration of the credit trucker as per TAT stipulated in Credit Process flow
- Ensure insurance, land rent, valuation reports are up to date before drawdown as well as monitor their expire date against loan tenure.
- Liaise with legal department and monitor security perfection trucker.
- Monitor credit process on documentation side alongside with TAT as per lending policy.
- To ensure that records of all loans paid off are properly filed away and securities are delivered to legitimate owners:
- Preparation of all documents related to loans
- Performs other duties that may be assigned by Head of Credit & recovery from time to time.
Required Education & Experience
- BSc in Banking and Finance, Economics or related field from a recognized Institution
- Proven work experience as credit analyst or similar role for more than 5yrs.
- Hands-on experience with lending procedures and products
- Ability to create and process financial spreadsheets
- Strong analytical skills
- Customer service experience
- Team Player, coach and mentor
- Excellent problem solving, convincing and negotiation skills.
- Be able to deal and coordinate with all branch loan applications with accuracy and in a timely manner.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applications should include the following:
- Typed letter of application hand-signed by the applicant.
- Detailed CV.
- Photocopies of relevant Certificates.
- Two recent passport size photographs of the applicant.
- Name of at least two referees with complete contact details.
Attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Please ensure that you mention www.mabumbe.com as the source of this job advertisement.
All applications should be done through https://chinadashengbank.co.tz/
Applications should be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
China Dasheng Bank Ltd,
P.O. Box 388,
Dar es Salaam.
Mezanine Floor, Extelecoms House,
Samora Avenue, Dar es Salaam.
The deadline for submitting the application is 21 November 2022.
ALSO READ : How to Prepare for a Job InterviewJob Opportunities