Corporate Sales Executive Job Opportunity at Britam
Corporate Sales Executive
With You Every Step of the Way
The job holder will be responsible for growth of revenues and customer numbers for the branch to meet set annual premium targets for the branch. The role will report to the Branch Manager.
- Secure new business directly or through intermediaries
- Service existing business and follow up to ensure renewal
- Maintain excellent customer service to intermediaries and direct clients
- Undertake initial underwriting in accordance with set guidelines to ensure sound acceptance of risk.
- Ensure payment of premiums before policy attaches.
- Follow up to ensure intermediaries are paid commissions timely and accurately.
- Recruit new agents, direct clients, new brokers and grow business from Bancassurance partners as per agreed KPI.
- Train, coach and support new intermediaries to achieve sales targets.
- Follow and adhere to underwriting guidelines and standards as communicated by Underwriting Manager from time to time
- Prepare daily sales reports to branch manager and other reports as may be requested by management
- Guide and assist clients on claims processing
- Deliver on performance requirements as defined in the strategy map and personal scorecard.
Key Performance Measures
- Achievement of production targets
- Customer satisfaction
- Customer retention
- Working Relationships
- Accountable to the Branch Manager
- Required to liaise and work closely with Underwriting, Finance, Claims and other departments as may be necessary
Intermediaries (Brokers, Agents & Banks)
TIRA and other regulatory institutions
Knowledge, Experience And Qualifications Required
- Bachelors’ degree in a business related field
- Professional qualification in Insurance (CII certificate or equivalent)
- At least two years’ experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of Insurance Industry and concepts
- Knowledge of Insurance regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of sales and marketing
- Presenting and Communicating Information: Speaks fluently; expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly; presents effectively; responds quickly to others ‘reactions and feedback during conversations; projects credibility.
- Working with People: Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
- Adhering to Principles and Values: Upholds ethics and values; demonstrates integrity; encourages individual responsibility towards the community and the environment; models the organisational values during every day interactions.
- Analysing: Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information, to break them into component parts, patterns and relationships; probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be part of a much larger system.
- Planning and Organising: Adhere to and monitor clearly defined objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations: Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets and models high standards for quality and quantity.
- Monitors and maintains quality and productivity. Works in a systematic methodical and orderly way. Consistently achieves projects goals.
Tanzania, United Republic of-Mtwara-Mtwara
International Insurance Business
The deadline for submitting the application is 2nd September 2022.