Coordinator 1 – Human Resources Systems at Geita Gold Mining Ltd
Coordinator 1 – Human Resources Systems
Geita Gold Mining Ltd
Geita Gold Mine is an open pit gold mine located in the Geita District of the Geita Region of Tanzania. It is operated by AngloGold Ashanti.
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Coordinator 1 – Human Resources Systems
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time Contract
Department: Human Resources
Reporting to: Senior Officer – HR Systems
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The role focuses on ensuring that all HR systems (SAP PA Module) duties are executed in line with organizational policies and practices. This is a non-management role aim at assisting Senior Officer – Human Resources in executing HR systems functions. The role requires the highest degree of confidentiality as it deals with employee’s sensitive information.
Minimum: Advance Diploma / Degree in Human Resources Management or related field.
GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
At least 2 years working experience, preferably in Human Resources Information Systems.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Draft a variety of employment documents i.e., offers and contract of employment
- Handle and ensure proper onboarding of new employees including coordinating pre-employment medical examination, transportation, and accommodation.
- Ensure new employees are passing through all mandatory procedures including medical examination and inductions
- Draft of various letters i.e., confirmation and introduction letters
- Ensure timely issuing of ID numbers for contractors for electronic cards processing
- Correctly capture of employees’ dependents into SAP and working closely with Specialist 1 – HR Systems to ensure employees’ dependents data are correct.
- Liaise with departmental HR/HOD’s to resolve or seek clarity on various HR systems issues.
- Assist in managing employee separations including completing clearance forms and preparation of certificates of services.
- Respond to day-to-day queries from employees’ e.g., leave balance, etc.
- Extract reports from the system and distribute to various stakeholders whenever asked without compromising confidentiality
- Process all monthly payroll inputs and assist SHRO in submitting payroll inputs to Finance department/payroll section for payment.
- Facilitate approval of bank loans through DocuSign for eligible employees.
- Work with Specialist – HR Systems in addressing various OM and Master data queries.
- Ensure HR data integrity both in the system and physical files
- Obtain approvals on a variety employment document using DocuSign digital system.
- Manage and provide DocuSign training / coaching to nominated employees whenever a need arises.
- Relieve SHRO and Specialist – HR Systems whenever a need arises.
- Deal with safety matters including attending weekly safety meeting and reporting hazards
- Check and identify any abnormalities in the employment documents and report the same to SHRO for action.
- Integrate HR functions into the systems efficiently.
- Computer literacy
- Good Communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and energetic
- Knowledge of HR Functions and HRIS
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking the ‘APPLY’ button below.
On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Coordinator 1 – Human Resources Systems”
If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
Applications should reach the above on or before 15th June 2022 at 5:30 Pm
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing [email protected] or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com