Clearing and Forwarding Supervisor Job Opportunity at Alistair Group
Clearing and Forwarding Supervisor
Alistair Group makes our clients’ businesses work better in Africa by self-delivering integrated logistics solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in the relevant field (Customs Clearance)
- At least 2 years of experience in Clearing and Forwarding (RIT)
- Supervisory/Managerial skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ensuring clearing takes place as per the time KPIs by closely supervising the current statuses of shipments
and prompting the Declaration team to take the next step.
- Overall team management, to ensure things are moving as per our targets
- Assisting in Responding to client queries (Documents & other clearance-related questions)
- Consistently monitoring the clearance dashboard and supervising the declaration officer’s team to do their
tasks in a timely manner.
- Ensuring documents are checked by Declarations Officer upon receiving pre-alerts
- Transit Bond Management – Ensuring the bond is validated immediately after the truck exits the border to avoid penalties from ZRA.
- License/Certificate renewals should be done within a proper time before the respective expiry date.
- Writing letters – Drafting letters for clearance purposes, including permits we need, ID’S any other special
requests depending on what is needed for clearance purposes