Business Development officer Job Opportunity at World Vision
Business Development officer (Local Resource Mobilization)
Business Development officer (Local Resource Mobilization) at World Vision January, 2023
Full time Jobs Kigoma, Nduta January 16, 2023 NGO and Social Work Jobs
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Support WVT to develop and diversify Local resource Mobilization. (40%)
Implement WVT Local Resource Mobilization Strategy that includes securing new, diverse, and additional resources for WVT in order to respond to WVT’s funding needs.
Conduct and develop a funding needs assessment for WVT.
Conducting research on potential local donors/partners such as trusts, foundations, companies, and high-net-worth individuals. This includes proactively identifying funding opportunities, as soon as or ideally before they become public knowledge and constantly scanning the horizon, networking and soliciting donor intelligence, and sharing information on donor profiles (policies, preferences, geographical focus).
Draft appealing proposals and concepts when needed to diverse sources, including local development partners, corporate, government philanthropists, and foundations.
Produce Local Resource Mobilization Plans as per stipulated periods and requirements. Includes close working relations with the Finance team in the development of appropriate investment required.
Identify funding opportunities from local donors including individuals, Private companies, corporate companies, government, foundations, and local agencies.
Strategically positioning WVT as a trusted brand to partners through intervention by using multi-media channels, national television, radio, newspapers, and online platform.
Ensure effective communication and act as the WVT’s focal point for resource mobilization and sustainability activities.
Work with Partnership and compliance managers to conduct Due diligence screening for recommended local donors to avoid accepting resources from unethical local companies, individuals, and corporate companies that engage in activities at odds with WVT organization values and mission.
Increase of funding from different Local donor
Coordinate Local fundraising process and develop new ideas to attract local donors: (20%)
Developing, managing, and updating local donors of WVT databases to record their contacts and preference information; Maintaining a network of corporate contacts and effectively managing and maximizing these relationships.
Develop and Strengthen Partnerships for Joint Proposal Writing, especially with credible organizations in the country. Includes registering with relevant local fund-raising associations.
Working with the communication team to organize resource mobilization events, for example, Walk or run for water events.
Build staff capacity on local resource mobilization at all levels, including the development of tools and skills to aid staff in local resource mobilization. This will also include, internally building a case for Local Resource Mobilization by sensitizing staff on the proposition for mobilizing resources locally.
Maintain relations with donors and ensure they are consistently and timely informed on important operational Issues. This includes effective communication with the donor’s focal person and being WVT’s focal person for local resource mobilization and sustainability activities.
Map and engage strategic local partners in WVT area of competence.
Strengthening the WVT brand locally as a key enabler of local resource development
Acquire and maintain a pool of loyal donors for sustained program support
Ensure the growth amount of resources raised locally for effective program implementation
Working closely with the communication department to Increased WVT brand awareness locally, Increased the number of loyal donors (individuals and institutions), and Increased resources raised locally.
Working closely with the communication team to establish a vibrant media platform where WVT will showcase the essential work to local partners which will help WVT to raise resources.
Conducting assessment for the local fundraising to identify local opportunities.
Organizing the meeting with a priority of Local fund-raising context
Funding opportunities from local donors will be identified and raised.
Strategic communication, Engagement with stakeholders and Local Donors (20%)
Lead and manage fundraising communications campaigns, including the development of campaign plans.
Working close with the communication department to develop and implement the digital marketing strategy and communication plan for improved media visibility.
Production and delivery of collateral, campaign rollout, donation processing, reporting and donor care.
Oversee the development of a rich content library including but not limited to factsheets, videos, and personal. stories, statistics, infographics, images, and other materials for use in both online and offline collateral.
Develop, implement and drive organization-wide digital strategy, including the development of KPIs for Digital Marketing.
communications, social media, and website.
Lead development of channel strategies for communications via, website, social media and other digital channels.
Work with colleagues to develop strong integration between fundraising communications and relationship-based fundraising strategies.
Keep abreast of best practice developments in fundraising including researching and activating emerging channels, and active engagement of online media and influencers.
Ensure branding, brand guidelines and consistent tone and messaging are embedded throughout WVT marketing activities and external communications, to continue building national brand awareness.
Work with communication on designing, development and delivery of digital communications, including but not limited to the WVT website, digital communications (e-newsletters), and social media platforms
Develop and implement coordinated social media strategy and align messaging, content and tone with broader WVT key messages and media activity.
Deepen engagement with stakeholders and drive website traffic from social media, including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Vimeo
Identify influencers and new followers across social media channels and develop appropriate engagement strategies to leverage audience reach.
Work with the communication team to develop digital marketing activities and budget to maximize performance and ROI including Google Adwords, Google Grants, and other Social media advertising such as Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube
Coordinate the content creation, strategy, analysis, and reporting of the content produced and contribute to the creation of marketing & fundraising materials, brochures & publications.
WVT visibility and relationship with donors and stakeholders.
Prepare formal and informal reports for Local Donors’ activities and share them with management:(20%)
Provide reports and updates on fundraising activities and results to the management.
Manage the processes of donation, receipting, communication updates and responding to donors in a timely manner.
Keep and maintain records in the database and develop mechanisms to enable local grant tracking
Manage local grant acquittal and reporting for all funds received from different channels.
compliance with grant reporting requirements
Work closely with the Finance team to prepare acquittal reporting
The performance report will be produced and submitted to donors as well as Management.
KNOWLEDGE/ QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- Minimum 2 years of demonstrated experience in private sector engagement and developing fund-raising strategy
- Experience in working with different media houses and social media engagement.
- Resource mobilization, understanding of the development sector, and grants management.
- A proven track record of fundraising from major donors, corporations and foundations.
- At least 2 years experience in NGO Sector.
- Proven competence in written and spoken English, Good writing and editorial skills.
- Proven skills in developing and writing successful funding proposals
- Have high energy, the confident presenter who is able to engage people and get them to commit
- Funding/and or to partnering with WVT.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Also, very strong networking skills and excellent
Interpersonal relationship skills.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, Communication, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, Business
- Administration, or a related field will be regarded.
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing online and offline fundraising/marketing campaigns.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent coordination and planning skills
- Report writing skills: Ability to write complex reports
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent team player with minimum supervision
- Basic understanding of advocacy approaches and advocacy issues at local, national and international levels.
- Significant experience in working with government officials, the private sector, and local donors
- Ability to work on tight deadlines
- Strong commitment to WV Values, Mission and Vision.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
- Complete Travel and/or Work Environment statements if applicable.
- On call 20%. An office-based environment with frequent travel to the field and National Office in Arusha.
- Furthermore, the position requires the ability and willingness to travel domestically
- Ability to inspire across a wide range of audiences and to communicate effectively.
- Highly effective people management skills.
- Working knowledge of programs/projects cycle management.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all staff and other key partners.
- Demonstrate leadership and team-building ability.
- Ability to teach others.
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Fluent in both Swahili and English languages
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIP
- All Decisions in the GAM department are escalated through GAM Director.
- Be Safe and Resilient
- Deliver Results
- Build Relationships
- Be Accountable
- Learn and Develop
- Improve and Innovate
- Partner and Collaborate
- Embrace Change
- Model Self-Management
- Engage, Influence, Lead and Grow Others
- Run an Effective and Agile Organisation
- Develop the Organisation for the Future
Applicant Types Accepted: Local Applicants Only
CLICK HERE TO APPLYJob Opportunities