Business Analyst Job Opportunity at CRDB Bank Plc
Dar es Salaam
CRDB Bank Plc
The Bank that Listens
Reporting Line- Manager; Business Origination & Analysis
Department- Corporate Banking
Responsible for assessing credit applications submitted by the customers and preparing a comprehensive credit memorandum highlighting all key risks with the appropriate mitigations and recommendations to the management and ensuring all credit applications are processed within the agreed Turn Around Time.
- Assess customer’s business through analysis of the business and credit risks associated with the provision of credit facilities and other banking products to the customers.
- Responsible for developing practical and appropriate credit solutions (i.e. Proper Lending Structures) through the understanding the business of the customer and funding requirements.
- Prepare credit memorandums and recommendations to the approving authorities.
- The Credit Memorandums shall identify key risks and mitigating factors of potential investments and the Borrower, such as legal and ownership structures, professional reputations, customer bases or industry performance.
- Facilitate the credit sanctioning process by responding to queries raised by the credit department and other approving authorities and resolving all outstanding matters by updating the credit proposal with corroborations from the Relationship Managers.
- Conduct pre-sanction visits to business premises of the customer to ascertain business existence and continuity as well as challenges relating to business performance and serviceability of the proposed facilities.
- Maximise the Bank’s income by assessing the borrowing clients’ overall value chain.
- Mitigate credit risk exposure through a thorough assessment of the loan applications and diversification of portfolio risk.
- Monitor the quality of the portfolio and non-performing loan trends continuously by testing compliance with the approved conditions, reviewing account conduct, visiting borrowing customers and designing proper risk mitigation solutions.
- Responsible for reviewing risk reports and challenging Relationship Managers where control lapses or potential risk has been identified.
- Proactively contribute to embedding agreed change management initiatives in support of process, quality improvements and cost reductions.
- Ensure agreed SLA and TAT are achieved as per business standards as communicated from time to time.
- Demonstrate leadership skills by portraying commitment to the assigned tasks, teamwork spirit and enhanced communications with the relevant stakeholders.
- Responsible for provision of the status of the loan application and updating the loan tracker on daily basis.
- Ensure proper implementation of the Internal Risk policies, procedures and compliance with the regulatory policies.
- Business Analyst Job Vacancy at CRDB Bank Plc
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Banking, Economics, or any related field from a credible institution.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in corporate/ credit management functions with a commercial lending background.
- Credit Risk Assessment knowledge.
- Financial Analysis knowledge.
- Lending Analysis knowledge.
- Products knowledge for SMEs, FI and Corporate Clients.