Auto Electrician Job Opportunity at Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine Limited
Shinyanga, Tanzania, United Republic of
The Bulyanhulu Team is seeking to recruit a Auto Electrician to join and grow their team.
You will be expected to align to the Barrick DNA and to operate within our mining assets with our best people teams. You will contribute in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance with Mine Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures and ensure daily targets are met.Recommended:
The role is responsible for installing and maintaining electrical systems contained in automotive vehicles. As an Auto-electrician, you will be required to maintain equipment according to sound engineering practice and equipment specifications, as well as mainly work for auto service centers where they install, inspect, repair, and maintain all the electrical parts contained in a vehicle
Also, you will be required to repair and replace faulty wiring or electrical systems and service electrical automotive parts. Auto electricians mainly work for auto service centers where they install, inspect, repair, and maintain all the electrical parts contained in a vehicle
About Bulyanhulu Team
Bulyanhulu is situated in north-west Tanzania, in the Kahama district of the Shinyanga region, approximately 55 kilometres south of Lake Victoria and 150 kilometres southwest of the city of Mwanza.Bulyanhulu is a narrow-vein gold mine containing gold, silver and copper mineralisation in sulphides. The mineralisation of Bulyanhulu is associated with a number of steeply-dipping veins. Bulyanhulu commenced commercial production in 2001.
- Ensure safe work practices, i.e., attending compulsory safety courses and meetings use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting, and ensuring total adherence to all safety, occupational health, and
- Environmental Policies as well as other relevant policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Follow all maintenance procedures and ensure the completion of mechanical activities according to standard without causing any further damage to any component /system/equipment.
- Ensure equipment isolation, adhere to working at height and confined space standards/ procedures, and conduct pre-start checks/ inspections.
- Carry out mechanical repair and preventative maintenance to maintain Plant and Mobile equipment in a safe and efficient manner to achieve production and cost targets.
- Carry out troubleshooting, fault finding, and corrective maintenance to solve unplanned equipment unavailability events.
- Ensure that maintenance practices result in maximum equipment availability.
- Utilize work instructions to determine job requirements, including job sheets, quality, the number of materials/ resources, etc.
- Perform PM inspection according to the maintenance requirements, and ensure preventive maintenance compliance.
- Conduct mobile and Plant equipment upgrades/modifications as required.
- Removal of machine components and replacement
- Provide accurate and timely feedback to the first Line leader on conditions that may affect the functionality of the equipment.
- Ensure First Line Leaders and all stakeholders are kept informed of equipment availability status.
- Follow up on outstanding maintenance/repairs.
- Complete shift handover process.
- Actively participate in training activities to gain new skills, and develop full potential.
At least CAP in the technical field
Ordinary level certificate – Form IV
Mechanical Trade Certificate – (FTC, IMTT, and VETA)
Valid driving license
Experience and competencies needed
Experience in Maintenance (underground equipment….)
5 years of experience as an Auto-Electrician
Heavy equipment mechanical knowledge required
Must have experience in instrumentation.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
Indicating the role title “Auto Electrician” in the subject of your email
Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick- Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 01st July 2022.