Assistant Import & Export Manager Job Opportunity at CVPeople Tanzania
Assistant Import & Export Manager
CVPeople Tanzania | Full time
Dar es salaam, Tanzania | Posted on 10/05/2022
- According to the domestic shipment news, follow up on the arrival of the goods and supervise the registration of the container tracking form.
- Transportation of goods to docks and arrangement of warehousing at the port.
Warehousing facilities before the goods are transported to docks
- Follow-up of Customs clearance documents, and feedback corresponding information to domestic documents.
- Arrangement for loading of goods on board.
- Equipped with information on shipping lines and freight to different destinations, and various charges payable by exporters
- File, save, transfer, etc. of various documents.
- Find, screen, and maintain reputable customs clearance agents, trailer companies, and other outsourcing units, and manage them.
- Preparation and processing of shipping documents, Bills of Lading, Dock Receipt, Export Declarations, Consular invoices, Certificate of Origin,
- Booking of shipping space or air freighting and advice on the relative cost of sending
goods by sea and air.
- Arrangement for assessing the damage to shipment en-route.
- Arrange inspection people (staff) to ensure that the goods arrive at the destination warehouse safely and accurately.
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and above in a related field
- 10 years of import and export clearance experience in clearing and forwarding companies
- Be familiar with the assessment/BL/DO/COC
- Clear all the import and export procedures, and know how to handle the abnormal situation during verification
- Six (6) years of Team Management with over 15 subordinates
- Keep good communication and report timely
- Good relationship with Tanzania Revenue Authority and Tanzania Bureau Standard
- Good attitude to manager and Team members