Assistant Accountant Job Opportunity at AfyaPlus Organization
Afyaplus organization bringing clean water and sanitation programs in the community, with focus on girls and women, education and Health.
WE ARE HIRING THE ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT VOLUNTEER AT AFYAPLUS ORGANIZATION
Role: Assistant Accountant Volunteer
Duration: 6 Months
Terms of reference for Assistant Accountant Volunteer at Afyaplus Organization
1.0 ABOUT AFYAPLUS ORGANIZATION
Afyaplus Organization is primarily focused on cultivating behavior change and build a strong community through promotion of water sanitation and hygiene services and empowerment of young girls and women through involvement of relevant stakeholders.
We have strengthened water sanitation and hygiene services in schools within Iringa region and interventions have impacted nearly 203,141 lives in 99 schools.
Reporting To: Afyaplus Executive Director.
2.0 JOB DESCRIPTION
AFYAPLUS ORGANIZATION is seeking a qualified Assistant Accountant Volunteer aged 18 to
35 to join our team. AFYAPLUS is a non-profit and non-business organization registered under the NGO act dealing with prevention and control of diseases through Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Adolescence and Young Women Empowerment.
3.0 JOB SUMMARY
We are currently looking for a vibrant, competent, dynamic, and experienced Assistant Accountant Volunteer to strengthen our team and who will be responsible for Resource Mobilization activities of the organization.
- To assist in preparation of Organization and Project budget.
- To assist in creating and implementing financial policies to guarantee operational efficiency.
- To assist and contribute to Organization financial audits.
- To assist in managing records and receipts of all income and expenses
- To assist in reconciling daily, monthly and yearly transactions.
- To assist in preparation of balance sheets.
- To assist in developing an in-depth knowledge of organization products and process.
- To assist in being a key point of contact for other departments on financial and accounting matters.
- To assist in monitoring the day -to-day financial operations within a company, such as payroll, invoicing and other transactions.
- To assist in ensuring that the organization is adhering to all statutory demands such as payment of tax, NSSF and Medical insurance
- To assist in coordinating logistics activities related to procurement, funding, substantive units and humanitarian affairs.
- To do any other relevant activity or assignment as it may be directed by the Executive
- Submit at least 2 new application project budgets once per month.
- Conduct at least 1 interim internal audit once per quarter
- Submit at least 2 statutory payments once per month.
- Oversee payroll once per month.
- Coordinate 1 financial audit once per year.
- To Prepare 1 annual budget in the beginning of the year.
- To submit at least 3 Funding Proposal per Month.
- To keep the finance software and drive up to once per month
- Lead at least 1 project in every 6 months
5.0 JOB REQUIREMENT
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor degree holder in one of the following Accounting and finance, Business administration in accounting or other a related field, Master’s degree will add advantage.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience on the same field or fresh graduate may apply
- Ability to understand and interpret policies and procedures as well as the ability to apply them with consistency in a variety of circumstances.
- Ability to function independently and carry out routine responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Must be proficient in MS Excel and working knowledge of accounting software is preferable.
- Ability to work well in team environment and train others in financial reporting.
- Ability to follow guidelines and controls required of the position.
- Proven competence in written and spoken English, good writing and editorial skills.
Interested Persons will be required to submit the following details to the address below.
- Application Letter
- Updated curriculum vitae that spells out qualifications and experience.
- 3 contacts of relevant referees.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, AFYAPLUS ORGANIZATION,
The application can be sent via email [email protected] or submit your application direct
to our office at Gangilonga – Iringa MC nearby Toyota Garage / ASAS Tower, not later than 11th
September 2022.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.