Job Oppportunity at GardaWorld -Health And Safety Manager
Health And Safety Manager
Dar es Salaam
GardaWorld is a leading provider of integrated security solutions : risk assessments, security personnel, screening services and cash management services.
Position/Employment Type: Health and Safety Manager / Full time, permanent
Organization/Reporting Line: Managing Director, Tanzania
Place Of Work/Travel: Kahama, Tanzania
Contact And Cooperation
Internally: Main cooperation with the Directors, and as delegated with Business Unit Heads and Heads of Support functions/ Departments
Externally: Clients, Government Institutions including OSHA, Property Managers/Landlords.
The incumbent will be responsible for establishing policies that will create and maintain a safe workplace, The duties that include but are not limited to: –
- As a Health and Safety Manager you must have excellent attention to detail to identify hazards. You will also be able to discover opportunities for improving conditions and execute various safety programs. The ability to communicate guidelines to a multidisciplinary workforce is essential.
- Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines
- Prepare and enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety
- Evaluate practices, procedures, and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law
- Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention
- Monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations
- Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions
- Investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes and handle worker’s compensation claims
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures
- Report on health and safety awareness, issues, and statistics
Refer to Company Authority Matrix.
The HSE Manager is accountable to the Director, Tanzania for responsibilities stated in this job description. These responsibilities will be monitored and managed through the mid-year and annual performance review and supported through the monitoring of KPIs.
- Demonstrates detailed Health and Safety awareness to include maintaining currency with the latest OHS Legislations.
- Provides others with clear direction and sets measurable and achievable goals for subordinates
- Must be a proven leader who can provide mentorship and guidance on developing the capabilities and competencies of the Team
- Writes and speaks clearly, succinctly, and correctly
- Good knowledge of MS Word, Excel, MS Project, PowerPoint and Visio
- A good command of English is essential. Fluency in other languages is advantageous
- Controls costs through careful task planning
- Manages time effectively
- Works in an ethical manner, is systematic, methodical, and orderly
- Demonstrates ability to motivate teams to produce quality output within strict timeframes
- Ability to work and interact with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to structure thinking in a logical and compelling way
- Excellent people engagement (upward and downward management, client interaction) skills.
- Strong team player who can communicate, motivate, and interact effectively with technical, operations, commercial, consultants, contractors, partners, and support staff team-members
- Ability to quickly develop professional and trusted relationships with a variety of cultures and clients
Qualifications & Experience
- Proven experience as Health and Safety manager
- Deep understanding of legal health and safety guidelines
- Ability in producing reports and developing relevant policies
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
- BSc/BA in Health & Safety management or any relevant field with proven work experience is preferred
- Minimum ten (10) years’ OHS experience with at least 5 years in a senior position in the commercial service industry.
- Solid appreciation of financial models and proven ability to deliver stretching financial and non-financial targets.
- Experience of developing individuals and fostering their career advancement including suitable coaching and mentoring abilities.