Accounts Payable – Cashier at CVPeople Tanzania
Accounts Payable – Cashier
CVPeople Tanzania | Full time
Accounts Payable – Cashier
Arusha, Tanzania | Posted on 11/03/2022
St. Constantine’s International School, Tanzania, a member of Round Square, is seeking a Tanzania well reputed, respected and experienced Finance and Accounts oriented personnel.
Role Reports to: Accountant
The school cashier handles all day to day petty cash management of the school as well well as in charge of preparing the paperwork for all payments within St Constantine’s school as per approved invoices and requirement from the Director of Administration and Head teacher
The cashier is expected to:
- Promote and contribute to the school’s aims (mission, vision, values, policies).
- Promote a positive school culture which is happy, purposeful and productive.
- Maintain a pleasant, cooperative public relationship with the school community.
- Assist and support staff whenever possible.
- Ensure payment vouchers are approved and timely done as per the finance procedures.
- Maintain accurate records of cash and payments made from relevant ledgers of account.
- Undertake daily transactional duties to ensure all payments are done timely and accurately.
- Undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required
The cashier will:
To work closely with other staff in the Business Office to ensure that the petty cash ledger is accurate and up to date. This includes the following:
- Handling of all cash received and paid out on a daily basis
- Keeping accurate records for all payments made
- Compute and record totals of transactions
- Count money in cash box at the beginning of each day to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change
- Ensuring that the appropriate amounts of cash are available at all times
- Ensuring that only true and accurate payments are made at all times
- Ensuring that the petty cash is kept in the school safe at all times and that the key is kept securely
- Answering staff queries regarding petty cash and/or cheque payments.
- Issuing receipts against payments received
- Issuing vouchers against withdrawals from Petty Cash
- Reconciling the petty cash and recording the data on Accounting database
- Reporting any inconsistencies or matters of concern to the Accountants
- Processing payments
- To write cheques according to approved invoices and to ensure the correct signatures are obtained by the SCIS cheque signatories.
- To ensure that all cheques are written in the vouchers book and that this information is recorded accurately.
- To assist in the preparation of the cheque list to the HST at the appropriate time of the calendar month.
- To ensure that cheques are written as per the approved cheque list at the appropriate time of the calendar month.
- To liaise with the school driver regarding the posting or delivery of cheques.
- To liaise with suppliers regarding the status of cheque payments.
- To assist with bank reconciliation of cheques on accounting database, as and when required.
- Accounts Payable – Cashier at CVPeople Tanzania
- Minimum 2 years of accounting essential.
- Previous related experience within an educational setting would be an asset.
- Enthusiastic and hard-working (willing to go the extra mile when required.)
- Models good practice in line with school philosophy.
- Maintains confidentiality and demonstrates integrity.
- Creative thinker.
- Problem solver.
- Proficient in the use of ICT.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent communicator.
- Open and approachable.
- Superb knowledge of administration
Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy, Accounts and Finance or related field.
Early applications are advised. We reserve the right to appoint a suitable candidate before the closing date of the application.
Applicants will be required to submit a letter of application and CV, together with copies of their education certificates and police clearance to the Director of Administration and Finance, Ms Victoria Thomas at email@example.com , On your CV, please include the names and contact email addresses of three professional referees.
St Constantine’s International School is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects the same from its employees. All new staff will be subject to detailed and enhanced pre-employment clearance, including identity checks, criminal background checks for all countries lived in, qualification checks, employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment, and satisfactory reference checks for all employment in the last 5 years.
Due to the expected high volume of applications, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Closing date: 4pm, Friday 19th November, 2022.
Location: Arusha, Tanzania