Account Development Executive Job Opportunity at Diageo / Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL)
Account Development Executive
Diageo / Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL)
Dar es Salaam
Diageo / SBL
SBL is the second largest beer company in Tanzania.
Job Description :
From Arthur Guinness to Johnnie Walker, our business was founded on people of great character, and in 250 years, nothing’s changed. We’re the world’s leading premium alcohol company. Our brands are industry icons. And our success is thanks to the strength of our people, in every role. It’s why we trust them with our legacy. And it’s why we reward them with the career-defining opportunities that they deserve. Our ambition is to create the best performing, most trusted and respected Consumer Products Company in the world. To achieve these, we need the world’s very best people. Feel inspired? Then this may be the opportunity for you.
Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL) is a fully integrated beverage business in Diageo Africa (supply and demand for beer and spirits) It is a subsidiary of East Africa Breweries Limited (EABL), the largest business unit in Diageo Africa and the largest listed Company on the NSE in Kenya. SBL operates exclusively in Tanzania and is the second largest beer company with a market share of around 25%.
SBL was incorporated in 1988 as Associated Breweries Limited and changed its name to Serengeti Breweries Limited in 2002 and commenced commercial operations in 1996 with one brewery in Dar es Salaam. The company was acquired by EABL in October 2010 and has three breweries located in Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Moshi.
SBL flagship brand is Serengeti Premium Lager. Other brand portfolios include Guinness and Plisner. Headquartered in Dar es Salaam, SBL is also the distributor of several global Diageo international renowned spirit brands such as Johnnie Walker®, Smirnoff Vodka®, Bailey’s Irish Cream ®, Richot®, Bond 7 Whiskey® and Gilbeys Gin®.
Purpose of the role
To lead Take home business channels, Supermarkets & Convenient Stores, Petro -marts, Duty Free, Hotels, Clubs and to lead the development and execution of Key Accounts’ Business plans, in order to achieve mutually defined objectives, profits/NSV and brand growth targets.
- Developing Business Plans with Key Accounts/ with critical metrics improving our RTM value chain and working to drive both volume “Push and “Pull” within both Supermarkets & Consumers.
- To define and deliver stretching Off Trade business plans and the strategy for their implementation around a total alcohol, one portfolio approach.
- Identify emerging off trade trends and insights and develop activity plans for Key Accounts.
- Develop JUCPS and activities matching brands with opportunities
- Ensure compliance with safety requirements at the work environment
- Qualifications and experience required
- Min 1 year experience
- Must have background in Sales
- Computer literate
- Good command of English
- Must have at least college graduate (Diploma and above) with mathematical and analytical skills, preferably business administration.
- Excellent in interpersonal communication,
- A self-initiator,
- Able to work with low supervision,
- Have an analytical mind and bold to reach high targets,
- Able to take business related initiatives to produce positive business results.
Worker Type: Regular
Primary Location::Dar es Salaam