8 Job Opportunities at TMA – Meteorologist II
POST METEOROLOGIST II – 8 POST
EMPLOYER: Tanzania Meteorological Authority (TMA)
APPLICATION TIMELINE: 2022-06-05 2022-06-18
JOB SUMMARY NA
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To perform Meteorological, Agrometeorological, Hydro Meteorological, and Environmental analysis;
- To provide general weather forecasting for the general public, media, etc;
- To provide weather forecast product for use in Marine, Aviation, Agriculture, Tourism, Energy, Disasters, etc;
- To provide assistance in issuing of specific weather forecast and warnings;
- To provide assistance in issuing Aviation Forecasts for international air navigation;
- To provide assistance provide weather briefings to pilots for international air navigation;
- To assists in conducting climatological data processing; and
- To perform any other duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Holder of Bachelor of Science Degree in one of the following fields: Meteorology, Hydrometeorology, Atmospheric Science, Agrometeorology from a recognized institution. OR
Holder of Bachelor of Science degree in one of the following fields: Physics and Mathematics, Education, General, Agriculture, Environmental Sciences and Management, Engineering, Hydrology from a recognized institution.
Candidates must have successful completed Postgraduate Diploma in meteorology.
REMUNERATION AS PER TMA SALARY SCALE