Medical Doctor at CCBRT
Medical Doctor at CCBRT
Comprehensive Community Based Rehabilitation in Tanzania (CCBRT) aims to be the preferred provider of accessible specialized health services in Africa and serves – as healthcare social enterprise and through development programmes – the community and the most vulnerable. CCBRT is Tanzania’s largest local provider of disability and rehabilitation services in the country. We’re committed to empower people with disabilities and their families, improving their quality of life, and ensuring access to medical and rehabilitative treatment. We prevent lifelong disabilities wherever possible, and are therefore also engaged in extensive maternal and newborn healthcare (MNHC) activities including obstetric fistula repairs. Our Maternity and Newborn Wing serves as a referral centre for high risk and emergency deliveries in the region of Dar es Salaam and the Eastern Zone of Tanzania.
In order to strengthen the Medical Division, we are looking for a Medical Doctor with an interest in offering the general practitioners’ medical services including prevention and early detection of disabilities.
- Examining and treating patients in both the outpatient and inpatient departments, which includes running scheduled clinics, screening of patients, admitting patients to the ward, prepare operation lists and update Senior Medical Doctors/Specialist on patients condition due to be discharged.
- While the main part of your job will take place in the said departments, there will be opportunities to do minor surgical procedures and assist senior surgeons during major operations as well as participating in outreach activities.
- Furthermore, you will work in shifts whereby you rotate in on-call duties and therefore preparedness to work nights shifts as well as weekends is an important aspect of the job.
The job provides a lot on-the-job learning opportunities.
- Holder of Doctor of Medicine (MD) from a recognized institution with successful completion of one year internship. (minimal GPA of 2.7 at undergraduate level)
- Interest in the field of Ophthalmology is an advantage
- 1 year of post-intern working experience with a reputable organisation
- Registered with the Tanganyika Medical Council as medical doctor.
- Computer literate
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (both English and Swahili)
- Team-worker with client focus
- A pro-active attitude and eagerness to work
If you are interested, please submit your curriculum vitae with 2 references and a cover letter telling us why you believe you are the right person for the role.
CCBRT is an equal opportunities employer and encourages people with disabilities to apply. Please send your application via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Written assessments are part of the selection process.
Please indicate job reference number: 2023-12| DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:
(selection process is ongoing so assessment might commence upon receipt of suitable applications)