2 Physics and Mathematics Teachers Jobs at SEGA
Physics and Mathematics Teachers – 2 Posts
Secondary Education for Girls Advancement is a Tanzanian non-profit Non-Governmental Organization registered in 2007.
Secondary Education for Girls Advancement (SEGA) is a non-profit organization with offices at Mkundi area, Morogoro Municipal, mandated to operate in Tanzania mainland with registration No 00NG/R2/0000232. With a particular focus on vulnerable girls, its mission is to educate and equip bright Tanzanian girls with academic, leadership, and business skills to unleash their individual talents and reach their full potential. SEGA programs include; 1) SEGA girls secondary school, 2) Program for post form A support, 3) Msichana wa Kisasa Community Outreach Program. The Sega girls secondary school located in Mkundi area, Morogoro Municipal provides quality holistic education for form I – IV with 50% of its students being from vulnerable backgrounds, on scholarship. Its mission is to provide quality education for girls which fosters the development of academic excellence, strong values, healthy self-esteem, and independent thinking skills, with emphasis on leadership, entrepreneurship, social responsibility and environmental care.
POSITION: Physics and Mathematics Teachers – 2posts
The overall role responsibility of a Teacher at Sega Girls School is to provide quality, participatory education opportunities for students which build both academic competence and practical skills to assist students to become self-reliant, contributing members of society upon graduation; and to contribute to the development of the SEGA Girls School as a quality, financially self-sufficient institution which may serve as a model to others.
R1. Lessons Preparation/Planning and Materials Development: Develops creative, participatory, and integrated learning opportunities for students in your assigned subject areas as per the Tanzanian national curriculum, and as per SEGA’s vision and values to provide quality academic and practical education which builds self-reliance and entrepreneurship (30%)
- Develops scheme of work, and lesson plans as per the content of the National Curriculum for Secondary students
- Conducts detailed advance planning of classes that will actively involve students and engage them in higher-level thinking, specifically:
- Posing pre-planned high-level thinking questions which help students get to “the next level” of thinking and creativity
- Creating, identifying, and using a variety of teaching and learning materials appealing to different learning styles (charts, objects, songs)
- Varies teaching methods to stimulate students, such as the use of IT, video, small group discussion, hands-on and experiential learning, and other
R2: Teaching (40%)
- Teaches classes to Secondary students as per the schedule developed, ensuring punctual attendance at all classes
- Regularly assesses students against expected competencies within the secondary curriculum, ensuring students are on-track, and prepare, administer, and mark tests and exams as required.
- Develops solutions for struggling students (e.g. extra tuition, counseling, alternative modes of delivering material, etc.)
- Provides extra tuition to students who lag behind and/or an advanced content for fast learners, to the extent possible
R3: Supports Individual Student Development (10%)
- Assists each advisee student develop her own personalized set of goals (academic, social, career) and action plan for achieving those goals. Assists students to think practically about their career and education aspirations post-SEGA and pursue opportunities in the school and outside of school to reach their goals.
- Manages pupil behavior and instills discipline in all students in and outside the classroom while at the same time creating a “safe” environment for vulnerable girls. Ensures supportive, respectful communication style and culture within the school to model appropriate behavior and build student confidence.
- Alerts and keeps the Headmistress informed of all students’ progress, highlighting problems at an early stage
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the Head
RA:Coordinates Sports, Clubs, and/or Other Extra-Curricular Activities (20%)
- Helps engage students outside of class in essay competitions, subject clubs, debate programs or other activities as assigned. Takes initiative and uses their own creativity to assist in the development of such programs
- Bachelors degree in Education; or Diploma in Teaching Mathematics and Physics as teaching subjects Three years experience
- Excellent spoken and written Swahili and English Ability to work well independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to manage, encourage and build the capacity of others
- Ability to communicate efficiently via email; and use MSWord and Excel Willing to live and work in Morogoro, and commute to school each day
HOW TO APPLY
Send application to: [email protected] by Thursday 21st July 2022 by submitting only Application Letter and CV.