Transport Manager at CVPeople Tanzania
CVPeople Tanzania | Full time
Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania | Posted on 11/03/2022
- Manage the operational relationship with the Suppliers
- Receive the instructions from the internal clients : cargo delivery or collection
- In case of new business support the Front office by providing transport rates
- Inform the client (internal or external) of delivery/collection status
- Alert the client in case of operational issue (potential or real)
- Ensure (together with QHSE) that pre-approved transporters are fully compliant with company’s procedures and policies
- Ensure that all transport relationship is governed by a signed and valid contract
- Organize periodic tender in order to secure rates on a mid-long terms period.
- Transport Manager at CVPeople Tanzania
Drive the deliveries and the container collection
- Based on received cargo delivery/ collection requests, execute the plans and ensure cargo delivery/pick-up
- Organize and control the transport documentation transmission; delivery proof to IFF and interchange to COLOG team
- Work in synergy with the export Department and the shipping lines in order to ensure a minimum delivery of empty containers on ALTZ2 / Export CFS.
- Create, implement and monitor a proper round trip system on transit (Import bringing back export)
Monitor the quality of service
- Organize the quality of service monitoring and ensure a proper follow-up of KPI as agreed with the suppliers
- Liaise with QHSE for audit recommended actions implementation
Control the costs
- Benchmark approved transport rate with the market every quarter to ensure that the company obtains the best rates.
- Optimize trip planning to increase efficiency and improve profitability
- Make sure loading orders are in place for all Dept
- Report any operational issues (including cargo) to IFF, MOM and QHSE (where applicable)
- Alert N+1 in case of significant operational issue
- Create a data base of all transporters on the market (with fleet details etc..)
- Monitor the C-28 license issuance every year
- Use and monitor the “transport calculator” file in order to assess the actual costs per trip beard on each leg by transporters.
- Transport procurement list to be updated and submitted to HQ on a monthly basis
Transport order list to be fulfilled
- Record >90% of all transport operations through Link
Submit (with the support of the Regional CBS) weekly statistics on the completeness and freshness of the use of Link per Dept.
- Create, develop and monitor the team in order to meet the objectives on Link
Knowledge and Experience
- At least 10 years’ experience in transport
- At least 5 years’ experience as a manager
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good use of email
- Excellent communicator
ALSO READ: Accounts Payable – Cashier at CVPeople Tanzania