Job Opportunity at CVPeople Tanzania – Control Tower Manager
Control Tower Manager
Dar es salaam| Posted on 06/02/2022
Reporting to: Project Director
This position also holds the primary responsibilities for stakeholder management, customer retention and for identifying cross sell/up sells opportunities as well as cost reduction initiatives to our customers.
Maintain business relationship with partners by providing prompt and accurate answer, suggestion to improve quality service.
To ensure delivery of Company value proposition to clients through excellent customer service delivery. The CTM drives service quality deliverable via continuous improvements and other initiatives that support Company strategy of differentiation vs. Competition.
- Manage the provision of transport services by planning and implementing agreed strategies and procedures related to the traffic control tower to ensure improvement in scheduled service and performance whilst managing control tower costs
- Provide reliable and secure transport scheduling service to the projects, contractors and sub-contractors with full end to end visibility of status, progress and reporting
- Ensure service delivery alignment with agreed client SLA’s
- Improve service output for existing accounts on an ongoing basis
- Drive understanding of contracts, terms and conditions, SOW, charge structures to ensure Company deliver on its promises
- Ensure that the team adhere to service standards / SLA covering all SOW agreed with customer
- Responsible for customer retention
- Suggest new processes and develop some tools/reports to improve the control tower performance
- Risk management
- Prepare performance reports on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis to the local management team
- Collect appraisal/feedback from customer’s station on Company service quality (CT + operation). Liaise with local and regional management to define action plan
- Analyze KPI reports, highlight good and low performance
- Carry out Monthly/quarterly formal reviews with the customer
- Develop a strong understanding of the business to ensure customer retention
- Collaboration with internal stakeholders not restricted to Procurement/Operations/Service teams to identify areas of cost savings/process optimization/improvements.
- Participate to all safety training as required
- Adhere to all HSE requirements of the project
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Project Management or Logistics
- Professional Training
- Knowledge and usage of tracking systems would be a plus
- Experience o 3-5 years’ experience in Logistics or similar role
- Has worked minimum 2 years at Middle level management
- Considerable transport management experience in a service-related role
- Experience in implementing change
- Experience managing carrier and logistics performance monitoring and reporting
- Experience/ well versed with the local regulatory requirements