Training Manager at Peace Corps
Training Manager at Peace Corps
Dar es Salaam
Personal Services Contractor (PSC) Vacancy Announcements:
These are Personal Service Contract (PSC) positions, to be based at Peace Corps’ office in Oyster Bay, Dar es Salaam. They are full-time, 40 hours per week positions. The schedule may vary, based on operational requirements and may include evening, holiday and weekend work. The anticipated contract will be for a base period, with up to four option periods, exercisable at the unilateral option of the Peace Corps based on satisfactory performance, continued need for the position, and availability of funds. Preference will be given to personal services candidates who are citizens of Tanzania at the time of application.
Training Manager: The Training Manager is under the supervision of the Director of Programming and Training (DPT) and is responsible for the design, implementation, and evaluation of a competency-based training model to prepare Peace Corps Trainees/Volunteers for two years of Volunteer service in Tanzania. The Training Manager is expected to be based at the Pre-Service Training (PST) site location for an extended period of time as required for the position.
Qualifications and Evaluations:
- Applicants must address each qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- Master’s Degree in Education, Training, International Development or a related field, or a Bachelor’s Degree of the same subjects and 5 years of practical experience in education and training.
- English Level IV (fluent) and Swahili Level IV (fluent) in speaking/reading/writing is required. Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both languages required.
- Minimum of five (5) years related work experience, preferably with an international organization in Tanzania or the region.
- At least five (5) years demonstrated hands on experience in the design, delivery, management, and evaluation of adult education training programs utilizing participatory, experiential, and non-formai adult education techniques in large group settings in Tanzania.
- A minimum of two (2) years demonstrated supervisory and managerial/leadership background, including organizational and representational capabilities.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, teams, deliverables, expectations, and deadlines.
- Proficient in software programs including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Demonstrated savviness with IT skills needed to support regular use of digital communication and training tools such as Zoom, Teams, Padlet, Mentimeter, etc.
Contract offer is contingent on availability of funds, reference checks, background check, medical examination, submission of proof of required vaccinations or other medical information.
All applicants must identify in the application whether or not they have ever served Peace Corps as a Trainee or Volunteer (including Response), or as a staff member(USDH, PSC, or FSN), and if so, to identify the position location, position type, title, and starting and ending dates.
Procedures for Employment Applicants:
Peace Corps Manual Section 611 is applicable to this position. This section prohibits the employment of certain persons previously engaged in intelligence activities or connected with intelligence agencies. If you have ever worked for an intelligence agency, you are NOT eligible for employment at the Peace Corps in any capacity, and you should not apply for employment.
NOTE: Peace Corps reserves the right to withhold an offer of a personal services contract to an individual that is a relative or household member of a current Peace Corps staff member.
Peace Corps reserves the right to not evaluate or to withhold an offer of a personal services contract to an individual that has a history of poor past performance or conduct as a Peace Corps Trainee, Volunteer, or staff member(USDH, PSC, or FSN).
The individual selected will be required to follow any workplace health and/or safety rules indicated for their position – including complying with any medical and/or training requirements specified for their position in accordance with public health and/or occupational health or safety policies.
Peace Corps will not discriminate against an applicant because of that person’s race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older, except when the applicant is beyond the mandatory retirement age in the country of assignment), disability, or genetic information.
The individual selected may be asked to complete one or more temporary duty assignments at other Peace Corps posts, transfer to another Peace Corps post, or to complete a detail with another USG Agency, a Peace Corps Headquarters office, or with a post other than the post of assignment. As part of an approved detail, the individual may be requested to perform work that may be specifically in line with or may add to the duties stated in the contract.
For Further Information:
The complete position descriptions for all three (3) positions listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by sending an email to TZ-DMO@peacecorps.gov.
How to Apply:
Individuals meeting the minimum qualifications should submit a cover letter with one-inch margins in Times New Roman font size 12, justifying your qualifications and proven track-record for the position. Also submit a maximum two-page Resume (even if your experience exceeds two pages, summarizing your qualifications).
Training Manager applicants – send both items to the following email address: email@example.com with the subject line: PC 23-OLTraining Manager_Last Name_First Name.
Shortlisted applicants will be convened to sit for a written test.
NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are being considered. Thank you for your understanding.
ALSO READ: Training Coordinator at Peace CorpsJob Opportunities