Training Coordinator – Tanzania Job at HOPE International Tanzania
Training Coordinator – Tanzania
HOPE International Tanzania
HOPE International is a Christian faith-based nonprofit organization
The primary responsibility of the Training Coordinator is to lead the planning and execution of training activities for HOPE Tanzania. This includes coordinating training logistics as well as ensuring that training is done in accordance with HOPE’s Savings Group methodology. Additionally, this role will guide the development, translation, and distribution of training schedules and materials, as well as the measurement of training effectiveness. These responsibilities will be done under the supervision of HOPE Tanzania’s Country Director (CD).
Promote and fulfill the mission and vision of HOPE International.
- Spiritual Integration and Christian Witness
- Ensure a personal healthy spiritual balance within family, work, and church life through the adoption of personal and spiritual disciplines.
- Support weekly devotions among HOPE staff in order to maintain a focus on the program’s mission and to promote spiritual growth among, staff, facilitators, and Savings Group members.
- Plan for and facilitate training sessions to equip Church Facilitators with Restore Church Facilitator Guide.
- Coordinate and assist with facilitation of Field Coordinator initial trainings and monthly meetings.
- Provide oversight and leadership on all training activities for Church Partners.
- Assess training needs for HOPE Tanzania and Church Partner staff and volunteers in order to address competency gaps.
- Equip Field Coordinators with Savings Group mentoring guide and monitor its effective use in monthly facilitator mentoring meetings.
- Work with HOPE CSU training staff to develop training plans.
- In collaboration with the Technical Advisor, maintain and update training records and document training needs within the – Tanzania Savings Group Program.
- Review partners trainings reports and provide HOPE Tanzania leadership with updates on training accomplishments against the training plans
- Design mechanisms to ensure quality and effective training outputs at all levels of the Savings Group Program in Tanzania.
- Use the developed tools for measuring and evaluating training effectiveness among participants.
- Ensure that HOPE’s Mission and Vision are upheld in all training sessions.
- Train Church Facilitators on group formation expectations and processes.
- Initiate and maintain an ongoing healthy communication with Ministry Coordinators and Field Coordinators.
- Submit timely individual and monthly training reports to Country Director & HOPE’s training team.
- Participate in monthly training calls with Savings Group Global Training Specialist.
- Attend necessary HOPE Saving Group trainings and meetings.
- Facilitate necessary translation & revision of training materials.
- Ensure that HOPE’s training materials are produced with quality and available for trainings in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with HOPE training team to facilitate curriculum development for HOPE Tanzania training needs.
- Provide feedback to HOPE training team on curriculum effectiveness and need for revision/adaptation.
Coordinate successful implementation of certification process for Coordinators and Facilitators.
Will perform other duties as requested by HOPE Tanzania leadership
- Commitment to the mission and vision of HOPE International.
- Qualifying degree in finance, accounting, business administration, or similar field of study.
- A minimum of three years of experience in NGO or nonprofit organization required.
- Excellent cross-cultural communication.
- Excellent computer-based communication skills and working knowledge of basic IT.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Swahili.
- Willing to travel up to 20% of the time, both within Tanzania and occasionally to other HOPE countries.
- Assertive self-starter with the confidence to ask hard questions, to work independently and in collaboration with a team and hold management accountable.
- Highly flexible and willing to work in highly stressful, frustrating, and sometimes dangerous situations.