Merchant Advisor (Head Office) Job Opportunity at NMB Bank PLC
Merchant Advisor (Head Office)
Dar es Salaam
NMB Bank PLC
Job Location : Head Office
- Recruit, run, and drive merchant acquiring business through selling of POS, E-commerce and QR codes. This will involve working closely with Zones, and Branches.
- Share weekly, monthly sales reports and pipelines on new acquisitions to zonal management and branch management assigned herein. The same should be reported to Acquiring Business Management.
- Meet qualitative and quantitative sales objectives defined as per approved budget. Constantly share budget reports versus actual numbers to zonal management as well as branch management for constant review of performance standing and position.
- Perform merchant training, orientation and merchant-related servicing activities and maintain records of the same during delivery of devices.
- Conduct 360 check of merchant activities under assigned portfolio and recommend strategies for portfolio growth where necessary.
- This will entail having reports on active and inactive devices, replaced devices, new opportunity pipelines, pipeline status on a weekly basis to ensure Turnaround Time is met.
- Should perform Merchant Payment file checks on weekly basis to check merchant performance and share relevant presentable information to acquiring business management.
- Provide prompt resolution to customer queries belonging to assigned portfolio, both internal and external. Should maintain soft copy of all reported queries to be discussed on acquiring sessions and meetings on weekly basis.
- Upsell and cross sell acquiring products and services to both internal customers for knowledge dissemination purposes and external customers for selling opportunities. This is not limited to e commerce, POS, and QR.
- Ensure that green environment is managed in terms of controls by performing utmost best practices in terms of organizing merchant documentation and records.
- Maintain diplomacy tact when dealing with difficult clients while ensuring the bank is protected as a customer centric bank.
- Presenting merchant applications from branches and ensuring Turnaround Time is met to the vetting committee for selection.
- Perform merchant screening through MATCH system before deployment and implement merchant application verification, site inspection, compliance to business requirement and contract sign-off.
- Ensure all contractual agreements under the portfolio managed is maintained and up to date.
- Responsible to negotiate merchant commission on behalf of the bank as per agreed pricing matrix.
- Supply marketing/branding material and consumables such as receipt rolls and sales slips to respective zones and branches. Provide reports on a Monthly basis on stock available and work to replenish timely on agreed Turnaround Time.
- Perform regular merchant site visit to ensure compliance to operating regulations. Ensure that Merchant Visit Checklist dully filled and shared to acquiring business management for review.
- Manage fraudulent merchants end to end by ensuring that they timely get the necessary information and due process. Coordinate the process with Senior Specialist, Card Governance and ensure all due process followed and closed timely.
- Ensure merchant termination process is adhered for both voluntary and involuntary merchants. See the process end to end and ensure that the relationship between the bank and the merchant does not end without proper alignment.
- Manage dispute resolution process by sustaining relationship and making follow up on the necessary documents. Weekly reporting on the number of incidences should be shared to acquiring management for review. Number of incidents monitored on quarterly basis.
- Coordinate preparations for merchant workshops at Zonal Level aimed at ensuring that card acquiring best practices disseminated to merchants.
- Any other assignment that may be delegated by the supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Business Acumen.
- Portfolio Management.
- Sales Skills cross selling and upselling of products and services.
- Negotiation Skills, stakeholder management (internal and external).
- Strong presentation and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Understanding of programs, systems, and procedures necessary to ensure effective merchant management
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Computer literate.
- High level of integrity.
- Teamwork and team player; be ready to perform tasks of other team members with flexibility.
- Self-motivated and Analytical skills
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Business Administration, Computer Science, or related field.
- 5 years banking experience with at least 3 years in acquiring Business.
- Strong background in Card Schemes.NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
The deadline for submitting the application is 15 July 2022.