Management Accountant Job Opportunity at Rentokil Initial
Rentokil Initial provides services that protect people and enhance lives.
Rentokil Initial is a Global services company employing over 35,000 colleagues across 70 countries. The Company is at the cutting edge of technology and innovation as it strives to protect people and enhance lives, by controlling pests, improving hygiene and improving interior spaces with plants and scenting.
We are experts in the fields we operate in, investing in training, science, innovation and technology, and affording our employees Opportunities for Growth and Development
Listening and acting on feedback is part of our culture to support colleagues and our customers. Rentokil Initial regards equality and fairness as a fundamental right of all of its colleagues.
We live our values of Service, Relationships and Teamwork which were identified by our colleagues across the world.
Find out more on careers.rentokil-initial.com
Our family of businesses:
Rentokil Pest Control is the world’s leading commercial pest control company who provide quality, diligent and friendly services to all our customers.
We operate in over 65 countries and we are ranked in the top 3 in 63 of those.
We are highly innovative and have leading technical and scientific expertise and our customers look to us for our knowledge and integrity.
Although we don’t provide the most luxurious of services, this is certainly essential for all of our customers, and to make sure service happens.
Initial Hygiene is the world’s leading hygiene services company who provide quality, diligent and friendly services to all our customers. We operate in over 40 countries and we are ranked in the top 3 in 38 of those. We produce high quality, tailored hygiene product ranges for washrooms – across all sectors and industries where our customers look to us for our knowledge and integrity
Ambius is the world leader in providing interior landscaping services for a range of customers from boutique hotels, to shopping centres. We use planting, scenting, flowers, artwork and exterior landscaping maintenance to improve the environment for the benefit of the customer and their employees. Ambius is a global brand across North America, Europe South Africa and Australia.
Management Accountant Job Vacancy at Rentokil Initial
Deliver timely and accurate management reporting and variance analysis, for branches and operating divisions as assigned, in line with month end deadline dates. Support the delivery of the reporting function with preparation of any additional quarterly and year end reporting. Working with all departments and branches to support the business achievement of their Financial performance, including ad hoc analysis and provision of financial information as required to assist with financial decision making.
Key Outputs and Accountability
This role will be responsible for delivery of the following KPI’s:
- Prepare and approve journals for month-end close where required (GRNI, Travel, Prod Bonus,LOSA, Revenue Accruals for respective Regions under responsibility, etc)
- Ensure monthly Branch & amp; Divisional (Pest) reporting is provided (Divisional Bridge) including commentary on any variances in the monthly financial performance against budget & forecast.
- Participate in monthly review meetings with branches & Heads of functions on Financial performance & discussion of forecast changes YTG (year to go).
- Output would be to ensure (with the Regional Admin Manager) that the monthly forecast has been updated in the reporting tool(IDU).
- Improve reporting visibility of key cost drivers to manage cost more effectively vs budget (Preps Movement report by branch – monthly, EFR vs Gross Sales Report by branch – monthly, Ambius Plant Replacements – monthly)
- Work jointly with Management Accounting Team on IDU (Bud and Reporting tool) in preparation of the annual P&L budgets for branches and divisions, in line with local and group instructions and deadlines.
- This will include preparation of variance analysis and commentary of proposed budget results vs PY (prior year) vs 3 YP (3 year plan).
- Develop standardised templates for better process flow in IDU. Assist in creation of the A8 Report(Profit and Loss) in IDU
- Ensure basic Governance processes are in place across SA Region, Mozambique and Malawi with respect to month-end reporting, MMA preparation (Mozambique), and 26 key controls in line with responsibilities.
- Deliver MMA KPI’s to the quality standards required and in line with deadlines.
- Ensure that all Balance sheet reconciliations are completed accurately and reviewed timeously inline with month-end deadlines (detail list of items making up BS balance mandatory).
- Liaise with regional operational teams under responsibility on the monthly stock counts performed including obtaining explanations for variances on count, review and reconciliation of stock count documentation and approval of journals processed on Navision
- Preparation of NIC reports per Division (Net, Gross, PI’s – manual) to be uploaded into IDU
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly credit note analysis per division including obtaining an understanding of reason codes and preparation of monthly reallocation journals
- Liaising with the operational teams in order to obtain information, provide assistance and drive operational performance as required
- Support the strengthening of the controls environment in the branches, including enhancements to processes particularly in the inventory management area
- Annual Service Record Levy – to liaise with branches starting beginning of August. Final data to be captured in Icabs by 30 September
- Support the year-end audit process with PWC at local level
- Ad hoc projects, analysis and reports
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong financial numeracy and analytical skills
- Be structured and organized
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to challenge views & make rational arguments
- Strong behavioural connection with values of service, relationships and teamwork
- High energy level / self motivated /planning and organizingTeam player / collaborative / initiative / innovative / persuasive
- Highly developed communication skills (written / verbal / non-verbal)
- Ability to form strong customer relationships at all levels
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant Accounting Diploma (3 year qualification), BComm degree or part qualified CIMA an advantage.
- Minimum 2 -3 years of proven experience in similar role
- Computer literacy – MS Office, Windows, Internet tools
Are you interested? Here’s what you can expect when you join us…
A number of benefits including:
- Subsidised Medical Insurance
- Risk and Retirement funding
- Employment Equity
Rentokil Initial believes in diversity and thus offers all employees opportunities and avoids discrimination in compliance with the Employment Equity Act. Our selection process will therefore give preference to suitably qualified Employment Equity candidates in order to to achieve our Employment Equity numerical targets.
Do you love to provide a valued professional service throughout your community? Do you feel like you could do the job well? Apply for the role today!