IT Support Engineer at Exodus
Job Title: IT Support Engineer
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 30th November 2023
- Install and configure computer hardware, software, networks and applications
- Continuously monitor and maintain systems and networks
- Respond to technical support calls from other staff members or clients and communicate how to resolve issues
- Diagnose and troubleshoot system and network problems, software faults or hardware complications
- Support the roll-out of new applications
- Keep a record of issues, along with solutions, to refer back to in future instances
- Provide onsite or remote IT support to clients.
- Diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents.
- Support, configure, maintain LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
- Perform fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications
- Logs client requests, queries or support calls and document their outcome to facilitate timely follow-up.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to support requests.
- Develop help sheets and knowledge base articles for end users.
- Performing other duties as directed by the immediate supervisor.
- A holder of Diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent qualification from recognized institutions.
- Must be fluent in both oral and written English
- Ability to self-learn new technologies via web articles, forums, seminars, trainings. Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Teamworking skills
- The ability to think logically and strategically
- A methodical approach to tasks
- Customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Organisation and planning skills
Qualified candidates should apply by E-MAIL ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org Subject line should read “IT Support Engineer” only; a cover letter detailing why you are the best candidate for the position , and CV.
Submissions which do not follow the above instructions will not be considered as applicants.
NO PHONE CALLS in reference to this position will be accepted.